Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 Zombie update
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
socalstuttgart
So in case anyone was wondering the Zombie 914-6 is down for the winter but not by choice.

The transmission had a lose piece in the tail that punched through the case leaking all of it's oil. Anyone who has seen my threads or videos probably know I'm not easy on my car and so you can imagine how I was driving it not knowing the oil was gone.

This destroyed the case of the transmission beyond repair unfortunately. So the Zombie has been parked in the garage and will be until a proper solution has been resolved.

Haha I'm sure I won't be getting much sympathy but I thought it was only fair to update the bad since I was rubbing in all the good months ago!
SirAndy
QUOTE(socalstuttgart @ Dec 17 2011, 01:21 PM) *
until a proper solution has been resolved.

915? chowtime.gif
partwerks
Not to change the subject, but for some reason the "New Topic button" isn't appearing for me, if a person wants to start a new subject.

Is there a setting for that? It only appears when responding to a article?
socalstuttgart
QUOTE(partwerks @ Dec 17 2011, 05:27 PM) *

Not to change the subject, but for some reason the "New Topic button" isn't appearing for me, if a person wants to start a new subject.

Is there a setting for that? It only appears when responding to a article?

Funny you ask because I can start a new topic but when I open it the replies don't show anymore. I have to click on them! annoying.
socalstuttgart
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Dec 17 2011, 05:21 PM) *

QUOTE(socalstuttgart @ Dec 17 2011, 01:21 PM) *
until a proper solution has been resolved.

915? chowtime.gif

Well that would be a good fix but I have all these 901's and parts. I'm going to rebuild this tranny but with a different case. I would just swap but I want my very tall 5th gear and all the new goodies I had put in it.
sww914
Sorry, that just wouldn't be funny anymore.
EDIT
RiqueMar
Dean, might have a freshly rebuilt and converted 915 with a Velios? I think the old man was going to use it on the 3.2 before I discovered his engine was an early 'S' confused24.gif
socalstuttgart
QUOTE(RiqueMar @ Dec 17 2011, 06:35 PM) *

Dean, might have a freshly rebuilt and converted 915 with a Velios? I think the old man was going to use it on the 3.2 before I discovered his engine was an early 'S' confused24.gif

Thanks Ricky... I still have faith in the 901! I think it would have been fine if not for the lose bolt which was just a mechanic error. I still have lots of good stuff and it will not cost much to put it all back together. Just got to wait till after the holidays.
socalstuttgart
QUOTE(sww914 @ Dec 17 2011, 06:27 PM) *

Sorry, that just wouldn't be funny anymore.
EDIT

Funny is welcome even if it isn't funny... wink.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(socalstuttgart @ Dec 17 2011, 06:22 PM) *
I can start a new topic but when I open it the replies don't show anymore. I have to click on them! annoying.

First topic under HELP:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=94568

shades.gif
Dr Evil
Yup, they dont work well when they are not built correctly; tighten large bolt on end to 80 ft/lb or it will drill through the tail cone in a glorious display.
socalstuttgart
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Dec 18 2011, 09:14 AM) *

Yup, they dont work well when they are not built correctly; tighten large bolt on end to 80 ft/lb or it will drill through the tail cone in a glorious display.

I was thinking of watching you video and trying to do it myself but I just don't know if I have it in me! I'm thinking I could do it but I'd be mad at myself if I messed something up again haha!

I'm having a guy do it that has done a tone of them and did my 930 trans back in 2001.
Dr Evil
Are his prices competitive wink.gif idea.gif
ottox914
Bummer to hear this. Hopefully the good bits, like the LSD, are still OK.
socalstuttgart
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Dec 18 2011, 12:23 PM) *

About 700 for the rebuild if I supply all the parts. How's that?
socalstuttgart
QUOTE(ottox914 @ Dec 18 2011, 01:06 PM) *

Bummer to hear this. Hopefully the good bits, like the LSD, are still OK.

It looks like it was just the case that was damaged which is really good news. Thanks Dave. It'll be back on the road in no time... I hope. It looks so sad in the garage haha.
Dr Evil
QUOTE(socalstuttgart @ Dec 18 2011, 08:10 PM) *

QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Dec 18 2011, 12:23 PM) *

About 700 for the rebuild if I supply all the parts. How's that?

Actually quite good. $700 for labor is $200 more than I charge, but that would be the shipping amount. Do you have to supply new parts or will he have used? Many places charge $2000-3000+ which is ridiculous. Glad you have someone close.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.