Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Back Pad Interior Light
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JawjaPorsche
I was looking on Ebay to replace my back pad interior light. My lens is broken. My original lens is Hella.

Can anyone confirm if this will fit before I purchase.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PORSCHE-VW-INTERIO...=item2c5dd78564

Thank you in advance.
Tom_T
It will, but you can get the Hella part for half that price at the usual sources.

Try TC'sGarage.com at $5.95.

FYI - original 914 lenses were silver/chrome edge/bezel with a white button, but all the OEM Hella replacements since the 1980's have been black button without the fancy edge.
underthetire
I bought one of those generic ones once. It's now a warped piece of crapola.
windforfun
The stock one was toast. I think this is a Hella.
GeorgeRud
Come to think of it, this would be a great place to put an LED bulb if one is available that fits. It would provide light without the heat that warps the housing!
John
QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ Dec 18 2011, 07:27 AM) *

Come to think of it, this would be a great place to put an LED bulb if one is available that fits. It would provide light without the heat that warps the housing!

I agree.

I have owned my car 24 years now and it has always needed an interior light and they have been NLA for a long time. The ones out there don't snap in correctly (I have tried a few) and they are a compromise. I simply wish someone made one that actually fit correctly.

It wouldn't be difficult to convert to LED, if new housings were available, but I can't see wasting the time on parts that don't fit right to begin with.
underthetire
QUOTE(John @ Dec 18 2011, 08:51 AM) *

QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ Dec 18 2011, 07:27 AM) *

I agree.

I have owned my car 24 years now and it has always needed an interior light and they have been NLA for a long time. The ones out there don't snap in correctly (I have tried a few) and they are a compromise. I simply wish someone made one that actually fit correctly.

It wouldn't be difficult to convert to LED, if new housings were available, but I can't see wasting the time on parts that don't fit right to begin with.

Here ya go
http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-bin/sto...%2Ffestoon.html
76-914
Yea, I tired of them, too.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.