Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: fuel injection questions....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
markyb
I found a ruptured fuel line at one of the injectors (after I leaked half a tank of fuel in three blocks of driving, I can't believe I still have a car to talk about!) When I returned home, I briefly started the car to inspect, and it started fine. After doing the repair, the car won't start. I also don't hear the noise that usually came on with the key in the "on" position, I imagine that's the fuel pump? I'm sure that the fuel lines have some air in them after fixing the problem, although I'm concerned that something else went wrong because of the leak....

By the way, when the line ruptured, the idle went to about 2300 rpm, any thoughts on this, did the system sense low pressure and react with a higher idle? This was my inagural ride by the way, I now own the '75 red beauty with the luggage rack that George had for sale on this website.
underthetire
When you pulled the injectors, you might have pulled one of the grounds off the case.
dlee6204
I'm guessing you have a 2.0L w/ D-jet?

Have you checked to make sure you didn't knock anything loose when you repaired the fuel line?
markyb
QUOTE(dlee6204 @ Dec 17 2011, 05:06 PM) *

Have you checked to make sure you didn't knock anything loose when you repaired the fuel line?

Thanks, I'll check...

the engine is a 1.8 that was fitted with a stroker crank, Fat heads, etc.....I think George said she's around 2100cc now.

The ground wire issue would explain the lack of fuel pump running, is that what I heard when the engine wasn't running and the key in the on position?

Thanks for all the help
markyb
QUOTE(markyb @ Dec 17 2011, 05:14 PM) *

And yes, D-jet...

Thanks, I'll check...

the engine is a 1.8 that was fitted with a stroker crank, Fat heads, etc.....I think George said she's around 2100cc now.

The ground wire issue would explain the lack of fuel pump running, is that what I heard when the engine wasn't running and the key in the on position?

Thanks for all the help

markyb
QUOTE(markyb @ Dec 17 2011, 05:15 PM) *

QUOTE(markyb @ Dec 17 2011, 05:14 PM) *

And yes, D-jet...

Thanks, I'll check...

Figured that one out myself, the noise was not the fuel pump, it's the heater box fan....

I got a few cylinders to fire, then nothing, I think I have to just work through it to get the air out of the fuel line.

Stay tuned

Thanks for all the help

TheCabinetmaker
Marky, please use the reply box at the bottom of the page. We can't find your new text inside the quote box.
TheCabinetmaker
Btw, welcome to the world.
markyb
QUOTE(vsg914 @ Dec 17 2011, 06:21 PM) *

Btw, welcome to the world.

Thanks, this should be fun.
I restored a '65 VW bus, which was quite simple compared to the miniature in comparison 914. Just fiddling with the fuel issue made me laugh about how little room there is to access the top side of the engine. The easiest way to work on it might be hanging from the ceiling by my ankles, but then I'd have no way to get tools out of the toolbox.
I had to run off to an event with the in-laws last night , so I'll get back on the problem today.

I appreciate all the suggestions.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.