Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Barry's Speed and Kustom - Corona, CA
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914.SBC
I have three cars I have built that I take to car shows pretty regulary. My 1970 Camaro has well over 25k into it and is just a beautiful car. My 1971 Chevy C-10 is nice but its a truck. A guy just has to have a truck. But...the Porsche powered by Chevy has always received looks and stares and is by far the most fun to drive.

The car is somehwhat of an outcast from the true Porsche guys and the muscle car guys, but today, the mechanics from Barry's Speed and Kustoms recognized the car for all that it is and all that it takes to get to that point. She won 1st place. beer3.gif Cheers

carr914
Congrats, Can we get a Full Shot of the Car?
914.SBC
QUOTE(carr914 @ Dec 17 2011, 03:52 PM) *

Here you go...
ww914
QUOTE(carr914 @ Dec 17 2011, 03:52 PM) *

Beautiful! Way to go.
Cairo94507
Very nice car and I am sure it is a blast to drive. Congratulations on your win. smilie_pokal.gif
Tom_T
Congratz! beerchug.gif

...and you dodged the wind & rain a bit too! biggrin.gif
clow
Congrats! Very nice looking car. Do you have a build thread on it?

Clow
RickS
Congrats on the win. Any shots of the front to see the cooling?
infraredcalvin
+1 on more pics and more info on the build. That car is a nice looking sleeper!
Ian Stott
Be very interested to know what you did or didn't do for sound deadening. Congrats on your win, very nice looking car!

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
Gint
Congratulations. I'd like to see pics of the Camaro and the truck too.
914.SBC
Wow...lots of questions. Okay...

CLOW: I dont really have a build thread. I posted many time regarding the cooling system and the guys here really helped me alot.

RICKS: Here are pics of the radiator, I used a 350Z grille.

IAN: With regard to sound deading, I used the standard sound deadening on the floor boards. I used nothing on the back fire wall. I did not really need to. The cabin is realtively quiet.

GANT: Here are pics of the Camaro and truck.

914.SBC
Gant,
Here are pics of the Camaro and C10. I have tons more but dont want to move in that directions since this is a Porsche board.

abnrdo
Gorgeous 914!! Love the sleeper look.
aktion035.gif
chuckc
Congrats. Nice looking car. what did you do for the braking?
aharder
Sweet biggrin.gif But I do think the 914 is the best looking one piratenanner.gif
914.SBC
QUOTE(chuckc @ Dec 18 2011, 10:46 AM) *

Congrats. Nice looking car. what did you do for the braking?

I have not really done too much. It is obviously 4 lug but I do have BMW calipers in the front.
Maltese Falcon
Sbc....was your 914 at last years Steve McQueen car show in Chino Hills?
914.SBC
QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Dec 18 2011, 02:59 PM) *

Sbc....was your 914 at last years Steve McQueen car show in Chino Hills?

Yes it was...
steuspeed
Nice job on the front bumper. Super clean look. How much HP?
partwerks
I'll bet it hauls...
914.SBC
QUOTE(steuspeed @ Dec 18 2011, 11:17 PM) *

I have right around 450 hp. Probably too much for the trans axel but I dont drive too crazy any way. So for no problems with that area.
Andyrew
Congrats on your win!!

If you keep those tiny little pizza cutter tires on the back then you probably wont have any problems with the trani or CV's.
Scott S
I am still bummed at the timing of when I started my 6 conversion, and then having this car come up for sale.

After riding in Bob's (BIGKAT) V8, I am hooked. Great car 914SBC. beerchug.gif
914.SBC
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Dec 19 2011, 08:37 AM) *

Congrats on your win!!

If you keep those tiny little pizza cutter tires on the back then you probably wont have any problems with the trani or CV's.

Andrew you are so right. I am too afraid with those tires. I saw a Harley next to me the other day and his tires were wider than mine. LOL

Happy Holidays to you.
914.SBC
QUOTE(Scott Schroeder @ Dec 19 2011, 08:38 AM) *

I am still bummed at the timing of when I started my 6 conversion, and then having this car come up for sale.

After riding in Bob's (BIGKAT) V8, I am hooked. Great car 914SBC. beerchug.gif

Scott, it's always for sale. There are just no takers. I have not pushed it but I might at first of the year. My daughter is getting married and she has expensive taste. She is professional golfer on the Futures Tour (rookie season) and is marrying a dentist. He has nothing but school loan debt. Anyway, I am starting to get angry.

Happy Holidays my friend
clow
QUOTE(914.SBC @ Dec 19 2011, 08:32 AM) *

I have right around 450 hp. Probably too much for the trans axel but I dont drive too crazy any way. So for no problems with that area.

w00t.gif drooley.gif
If you don't mind what are the engine specs?

Clow
914.SBC
QUOTE(clow @ Dec 19 2011, 09:34 AM) *

QUOTE(914.SBC @ Dec 19 2011, 08:32 AM) *

w00t.gif drooley.gif
If you don't mind what are the engine specs?

Clow

Chevy 350, 4 bolt main. lump cam (I have specs if you want them), .40 over, 10.5:1 compression, 202 procomp aluminum heads, roller tip rockers, procomp 6500 aluminum intake, 650 Edlebrock carb. (it's not stroked).
FAT DANNY
nice cars. i love c10s; just got rid of my k5. i wish your shop was closer to me. i just had 4 wheel discs (cpp) installed on my 69 nova and my rears don't grab-at all. the shop in H. Beach has a decent rep for some reason... sorry needed to vent. gongrats on the win. nice truck.
914.SBC
QUOTE(FAT DANNY @ Dec 24 2011, 05:07 PM) *

nice cars. i love c10s; just got rid of my k5. i wish your shop was closer to me. i just had 4 wheel discs (cpp) installed on my 69 nova and my rears don't grab-at all. the shop in H. Beach has a decent rep for some reason... sorry needed to vent. gongrats on the win. nice truck.

Danny,

I find that not having a proportioning valve works best in the disc conversion. I run mine with no proportioning valve. Just a thought.
BajaXJ92
My narrow body V8 car puts out about 220hp or so, and its an absolute beast. I can't imagine 450hp. Seems like too much in a 914 with narrow tires. blink.gif
914.SBC
QUOTE(BajaXJ92 @ Dec 25 2011, 09:52 AM) *

My narrow body V8 car puts out about 220hp or so, and its an absolute beast. I can't imagine 450hp. Seems like too much in a 914 with narrow tires. blink.gif

Without a doubt...more HP than needed especially with the little tires. I wanted the sleeper look. I dont know what size the tires are on (car in garage) but I have stock Riviera wheels. I am curious what the largest size tire I can put on it.

Anyway, when I did the build, the engine that is in the 914 was meant to go in my wife's C10 truck. I felt 450 hp for her was too much so we stuck it in th teener.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.