Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1973 L80E 1.7 **SOLD**
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
jzdu
I've decided to part with my 73. I bought this car in 2007 with a bad paint job and some rust in the hell hole. I tore it down to a roller and had the hell hole repaired with pieces from restoration designs. Also had some rust in the rear trunk, which was repaired using used panels from Camp914. All rockers panels and engine grilles powder coated black. After paint the car sat in may garage for a couple years, as I ran out of money. Finally in 2010 I got going again. New windshield installed with rubber trim moulding. Engine was rebuilt by Dave's Import service here in Southern Oregon. He utilized the original pistons, but replaced all bearings, seals and all intake/exhaust valves. New cam and lifters while he was in there. Dave also did the final hook up of the D-jet and test ran the engine for the first time. He installed a new fuel pump and replaced all rubber fuel & vacuum lines. New flywheel and clutch installed. New SS fuel lines. I had all tin powder coated black and re-installed the engine/trans. Trans was resealed & I replaced all shift bushings. All wheels bearings replaced, CVs repacked and new boots installed, and new front brake pads. Triad muffler. Several weatherstrips and rubber seals have been replaced (too many to list). 5 real Fuchs mounted on 205/50/15 tires. I replaced the engine bay sound pad with a lighter one and added sound deadner to the interior (fire wall & floor). New carpet and reupholtered seats. Cloth down the center of the seats with seat heaters from Camp914. I've purchased several other items like billet wheel center caps, new shift knob, Optima battery, umbrella cover, new door panels, etc. I'm sure I have forgotten to mention some items, but I've got a pile of receipts to look through. 134,000 miles on car, 900 since restoration.

The front heater blower doesn't work. 4 rock chips in hood that I have touched up. Stereo not hooked up and no speakers installed. Bumpers have a few dings & bumper tops are not perfect. The sail panel vinyl I installed is peeling slightly on the passenders side (visable in photo).

I've spent approx 14k in restoration, not including the $3800 I paid for the car. I didn't bring it back to completely stock, but close enough that it could be put that way (Triad & seat upholtery).

I'm located in Eagle Point Oregon. 50 miles from the California border. $9900 for the car. Let me know if you have questions.

Brian (541) 261-4105.
JawjaPorsche
That is one nice looking 73!
914go
What a nice 73 i have a 74 and i am so far from getting it on the road i hope i can get it running some day
Cairo94507
Yet another beautiful car available. Good luck with the sale.
Kraftwerk
Seat heaters: Nice!
jzdu
Will consider trading with cash toward a 911
jzdu
Going to Ebay soon
jzdu
Now on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsche-914...=item416102a8bd

Looking to buy a 911sc or Carrera next
jzdu
Getting close to reserve of 11k
914newguy
popcorn[1].gif .....and the bids continue...!
jzdu
Ebay sale didn't quite meet the reserve. Price lowered to $11,000
jzdu
As I mentioned there are 4 rocks chips in the hood. They have been touched up.
I realize you can't see this too well in the photo, but wanted to express how small an issue this is.
jzdu
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/?cmd=ViewIt...K%3AMESELX%3AIT

Back on Ebay

jzdu
Well, Ebay only got up to 9k. I would recommend that anyone interested in my car take the time to come see it. My car is nicer than most.
jela5958
A 1.7 with foglights and front heater blower that don't work. A stereo that's not hooked up and has no speakers installed. Then the bumpers have a few dings & the bumper tops are tired. Oh, and the sail panel vinyl is peeling slightly on the passenders side ... BWTM, it's got cracks in the dash, small tears in the armrest upholstery, and it's missing rear bumper plugs.

Umm, it's gotten up to no more than $9,000 on eBay twice ... sounds like a $9,000 car, but I'm a lurker what do I know. confused24.gif

jzdu
QUOTE(jela5958 @ Jan 25 2012, 07:53 PM) *

A 1.7 with foglights and front heater blower that don't work. A stereo that's not hooked up and has no speakers installed. Then the bumpers have a few dings & the bumper tops are tired. Oh, and the sail panel vinyl is peeling slightly on the passenders side ... BWTM, it's got cracks in the dash, small tears in the armrest upholstery, and it's missing rear bumper plugs.

Umm, it's gotten up to no more than $9,000 on eBay twice ... sounds like a $9,000 car, but I'm a lurker what do I know. confused24.gif

Always nice to hear from a guy with something positive to say!
BMITCHELL
Brian, nice ride. Hold out for what you want. If you don't get it,
just keep it if you can. These cars are going up in value.
jzdu
QUOTE(BMITCHELL @ Jan 25 2012, 11:23 PM) *

Thanks Bob.

I realize my car still has a few small details to work out. I'll try to fix the foglights this weekend. They worked when I tore the car down for paint. I must have done something incorrect when I reinstalled them. I intentionally left the armrest as is, because I didn't feel that the factory job could be properly duplicated. The front blower never entered my mind until I tried it a couple months ago. The stereo is an old POS that I never cared to deal with. I prefer to listen to the great tunes coming from the Triad. The drivetrain and paint took priority over these issues.

I'm always very upfront when I sell something. Because I want the buyer to know about anything that is not 100%. I bet my bumpers and bumper tops are better than most cars out there.

I'm certainly not going to let Ebay dictate the value of my car, as our fellow member suggests.
Jay Gratton
Great look example! GLWS.
OU8AVW
QUOTE(jzdu @ Jan 15 2012, 12:15 PM) *

As I mentioned there are 4 rocks chips in the hood. They have been touched up.
I realize you can't see this too well in the photo, but wanted to express how small an issue this is.

I was just about to send you a check until I saw this. How disappointing>>>> biggrin.gif
I'm going to do my car just like this one. Beautiful!
PeeGreen 914
Wow, very nice car. I hope you're able to get what you want out of it as it is worth it. Your car is a great clean 914. beerchug.gif
jzdu
I fixed the foglights this morning. Also installed two new heater box hoses from 914rubber.

Speedster Mike
Very nice car!.....nice work! Good luck on your sale!
davis shang
beautiful car available. Good luck with the sale.
jzdu
Sale will include an extra set of wheels. They are "Western Turbine" wheels. Also include the new umbrella cover, any extra parts I have and my haynes manual.

Call me with questions (541)261-4105
OU8AVW
Bump for a sweet ride.
jzdu
Price lowered to $9900
jzdu
Bump
Thestigz06
QUOTE(jzdu @ Jan 26 2012, 09:25 AM) *

Thanks Bob.

I realize my car still has a few small details to work out. I'll try to fix the foglights this weekend. They worked when I tore the car down for paint. I must have done something incorrect when I reinstalled them. I intentionally left the armrest as is, because I didn't feel that the factory job could be properly duplicated. The front blower never entered my mind until I tried it a couple months ago. The stereo is an old POS that I never cared to deal with. I prefer to listen to the great tunes coming from the Triad. The drivetrain and paint took priority over these issues.

I'm always very upfront when I sell something. Because I want the buyer to know about anything that is not 100%. I bet my bumpers and bumper tops are better than most cars out there.

I'm certainly not going to let Ebay dictate the value of my car, as our fellow member suggests.

regarding ur foglights, the relay has a tendancy to rattle loose behind the fuse panel glue it down and it should be cool.

Good luck with the sale! Wish i had the cash for it!!
jzdu
QUOTE(Thestigz06 @ Mar 19 2012, 10:05 AM) *

QUOTE(jzdu @ Jan 26 2012, 09:25 AM) *

Thanks Bob.

regarding ur foglights, the relay has a tendancy to rattle loose behind the fuse panel glue it down and it should be cool.

Good luck with the sale! Wish i had the cash for it!!

Thanks for the tip. I found that I had a bad connection at the foglights themselves.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.