Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Footwell interior under dash lighting
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
steuspeed
I'm thinking about adding interior lighting under the dash in the foot wells. A nice feature for finding those fuses I keep knocking out of the fuse box. Has anyone done this? What kind of fixtures did you use? Pics of installation and illumination would be appreciated.
Bartlett 914
QUOTE(steuspeed @ Dec 18 2011, 07:35 PM) *

I'm thinking about adding interior lighting under the dash in the foot wells. A nice feature for finding those fuses I keep knocking out of the fuse box. Has anyone done this? What kind of fixtures did you use? Pics of installation and illumination would be appreciated.

I used an LED strip I got at my local auto store. It is great. I really don't like the backpad light. The footwell lighting is not harsh and is helpful.
jim_hoyland
I used two small lights from West Marine store. Low profile, mounted easily to the metal tray behind the kneepad.
steuspeed
I was thinking about using a set of these VW bus dome lights. They even have the switches on them.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VW-BUS-INTERIOR-DO...100&vxp=mtr
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.