Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Source for Gauge LEDs - much brighter
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RickS
Just ordered a set for the 911 and more than likely will go for a set for the 914. Check out his styles and amazing brightness. 1 year guarantee. The guy is also a pleasure to do business with.

Since 911s take 9 bulbs, the cost for 914s should be a bit less.

Gauge LEDs

If you think this is cool, please give the thread a bump so it stays around for a bit so others can see it. Thanks
914itis
Thanks,
I sent him a PM , they are about $80.00 for the whole set and plug and play
charliew
Is this guy just a middleman or is he actually assembling the bulbs?

tracking this one.
Mikey914
I had bough tin bulk and resold for some time. I would suspect that they are mass produced and he is a reseller. I'm curious, the claim is that they are white unlike the others that have a "blue" hue to them. The white I have at $2.50 per bulb is pretty white. A few of you have bought these, what do you think?

The ones I have are the superbright BA-7s. The difference is that they hit you for $10+ for shipping, I can include withother stuff, or ship for about $4 less, winds up about a wash.

I find it hard to believe that it's worth the $80. There was another member here that was putting strips inside the gauges, and they looked great, only I think they were about $100+ to have it done. looked great though.
Mikey914
Crappy picture,
but you get the idea
Black22
Wish I could comment on whether or not the whites have a blue hue or not, but I can't because I bought the blue LED's! Mine are VERY blue!
Mikey914
Do they look like this?

These are blue. Perhaps someone swapped them in the bins. The only way to tell is to light them up an the white is very distinctly white. You can see the difference between the OEM and the white. You paint the LED with a amber /yellow paint to get the OEM look, but it's a matter of playing around to get the desired look.

I can send you a couple LEDs if you want to see if they are different. Drop me a PM with the address. I'm curious.
-Mark
charliew
I had the tach with a turbo gauge made and the other one with the four gauges made before the leds were being put in. I didn't like the crimp around the backside and did it completely, now it will be a little magic to open them back up without deforming the bezel I'm afraid. If I can get good illumination just with the bulbs I would rather try that.
Black22
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Dec 22 2011, 12:35 AM) *

I can send you a couple LEDs if you want to see if they are different. Drop me a PM with the address. I'm curious.
-Mark

You have to love Marks customer service! Willing to send me white LEDs to make sure I'm satisfied with the look of my gauges! There are a handful of vendors that will take the time to think that much of their customers. Lucky for us they're all HERE!

Thanks Mark, I PM'd you. It was not a mistake on your part. I ordered the blue LEDs and are very happy with them. They match my radio and are a great improvement over stock bulb.

Thanks again!
underthetire
No offense to anyone, but white gauge LED's are out there. Mikey is a good source, I also got them from
http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-bin/sto...pecs%2Fba7s.htm

76-914
I just ordered 2 of these. I'll let ya know how they perform in a few weeks.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=150682466594
underthetire
QUOTE(76-914 @ Dec 22 2011, 09:31 AM) *

I just ordered 2 of these. I'll let ya know how they perform in a few weeks.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=150682466594

Don't think those will fit in the dash cluster poke.gif
Als914
Thought I'd post this as a reference. Here is a sample of what white vs blue vs multi color. The top sample is COOL White and there is available White and Warm white. The Warm white would appear stock just brighter.

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Mikey914
Yes, it was Al, I couldn't remember who it was. These look great. Al had mentioned he wanted more light and suggested this, but I knew it was more than I could undertake. They cost more, but are a nicer way to go for more illumination. The reason they cost more is the labor it takes to open these up and install the strips. Sounds deceptivly easy, it's kind of a pain. Yes, the DIYer could do it but there is kind of a learning curve, and by the time you are done, it may have been cheaper to just have had someone else do it.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.