Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Registration
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Events Forum > Past Event Planning Threads
seanery
Expenses are at $1040 not including sign materials.

So, if we charge:

$25 each car (1 shirt & goodie bag per car) additional shirts (cost + $5)
40 attendees = $1000 (I hope we have that many, but doubt it)
30 attendees = $750
25 attendees = $625
20 attendees = $500

$20 each car
40 attendees = $800
30 attendees = $600
25 attendees = $500
20 attendees = $400

$30 each car
40 attendees = $1200
30 attendees = $900
25 attendees = $750
20 attendees = $600

What do you guys think?
We need to get registration going IMHO.
GaroldShaffer
I would go with $1000 per car wink.gif

Actually $20 sounds fair, plus you don't have to deal with change from people that come but haven't signed up.

I also feel that I & Doug can get enough paying sponsors to cover our cost, so hopefully all reg fees can got to charity.
Pnambic
$20 would certainly make it easier to deal with giving change back, but I honestly think most wouldn't flinch at $25.... idea.gif

If you guys can get sponsorship to cover everything, that would be awesome! smilie_pokal.gif pray.gif clap56.gif boldblue.gif w00t.gif

We could make the registration $20, but make it known that additional donations, which would go entirely to charity, would be more than welcome.
Engman
Well the age old question - how many will attend? I think we will get close to 30 but that is just an educated guess. I say chage $30 - after all it is for charity.

Who are our special guests? If The Brad will show, and it is on the website and forums, this will attract more people. Who else is coming? Besides me.

M
GaroldShaffer
Mark is right, 30 cars I think would come. I would go with $25 per car. If we didn't make enough $$ to cover expense from sponsors then the extra $5 would help. Plus the money made from the 50/50 will all go to charity plus any other misc donations.

My vote $25 per car.

Julie & I will be there. I know Brad Mayeur will be there. I am sure some of the SMOG guys will be there. There are others from the Chicago area that will come. I think we will do ok.
seanery
OK.

Let's do....$25 Preregister by Oct 1st
$30 Oct 2nd & Later

any arguments?
Engman
Do it... Do it .... Do it... (in my best Starsky and Hutch voice)

M
seanery
OK, I'm going Live with this.
GaroldShaffer
smilie_pokal.gif
seanery
Garold,
since you've been collecting vendor $, do you want to take the registration's paypal?
GaroldShaffer
Sure I can. My paypal acount is gjshaffer2002@yahoo.com
seanery
thanks! smilie_pokal.gif
Doug Leggins
Good work guys. 25/30 looks good to me
seanery
Reg Form available HERE!
GaroldShaffer
Form looks good. How do you want me to give you the info for making name tags?
seanery
Can I put together an excel spreadsheet and email it to you?

Then you can email it to me whenever you get new registrations?
GaroldShaffer
works for me.
Doug Leggins
I almost sent my registration fee to the wrong Paypal account.

On the registration form Garold's Paypal address (e-mail address), at a quick glance, looks like gishaffer2002@yahoo.com. A second look and I noticed that the second letter is not an i but a j.

Can the font be changed so that it looks more like a "j"?
seanery
hey, don't register. None of you.
GaroldShaffer
hey, don't register. None of you.
to late biggrin.gif

Can the font be changed so that it looks more like a "j"?

confused24.gif Julie noticed that also. I thought I would change my paypal name, but I can't. Let check into opening another yahoo email address, FFC914@yahoo.com??? would that work, I could then open a paypal account to that address and there would be no more confusion?? sound like a plan?
seanery
The Reg Form is fixed.

seriously, please don't register. You guys have put a lot of time and effort making this thing happen, that's well worth $25.
seanery
Garold,
The Excel spreadsheet template is here. Sorry man, it may be a pain to fill this out. I didn't realize how much info we were getting.

Let me know if you have questions or problems. I filled in my name on the first line as an example.

Excel sheet

Thanks,
Sean
GaroldShaffer
The excel sheet is fine. Now if we get 300+ cars then it could become a issues blink.gif laugh.gif
Engman
It would really be wild if we outdrew the WCC! Not likely that its gonna happen.

m
GaroldShaffer
Just so you know there is a $1.03 fee from paypal for every $25 registration. Oh, Doug, I will return your fee you paypal'd slap.gif biggrin.gif
Pnambic
I made a quick electronic email registration form and posted it on the Look-who's-coming thread. Let me know what you think.
GaroldShaffer
It Sucks ohmy.gif wink.gif

Thanks Dan vey cool. Sent you a PM.
Pnambic
You'll probably need Jeroen to copy the code to the FFC page.
I added payment method. Let me know what else you need.

I just threw it together quickly after I saw someone's complaint that there wasn't an electronic signup sheet. I can make it prettier later if you want. wink.gif
seanery
Thanks Dan!

the data was sent to me and looks great.
Do you have it going to Garold, too?
GaroldShaffer
Yep, I got mail ohmy.gif beerchug.gif
Gint
Um, fellas...

I posted on the tech forum in the FFC thread. I copied Dan's code into a seperate fgile on the server in the ffc2004 directory. You can make a new link on the FFC site page for the electronic form. Any updates to the file can be ftp'd to the server. The file name is registration.php

http://www.914world.com/events/ffc2004/registration.php

BTW - I also modified the maxfield length of the extra shirts field so all of the default/description text fit.
seanery
thanks man, but I don't know how to get to that code. Yeah, kinda sucks. I've had to PM Jeroen when I need a change.
Pnambic
QUOTE(Gint @ Aug 30 2004, 11:04 PM)
BTW - I also modified the maxfield length of the extra shirts field so all of the default/description text fit.

Oops...heh. rolleyes.gif

Thanks Gint

haste makes waste, eh?
Gint
thanks man, but I don't know how to get to that code. Yeah, kinda sucks. I've had to PM Jeroen when I need a change.

Pretty simple really. I'll PM some instructions to ya.

No worries there. I fat finger crap all the time. Great job on that page! I can hack stuff like that, but I'm not a creator.
Doug Leggins
I just used the registration form.

THe confirmation page left me wondering what the question was on a couple of the answers. Other than that pretty slick. Great job!
Pnambic
Yeah, I hate the confirmation page, but thats what you get anymore when you use a free service I guess. dry.gif

I'll see if I can get around it.
seanery
I think it's too late.

Jeroen is posting the code to the Registration page.

I think it's fine. Actually, I think it's awesome!
seanery
3 from Canada?
GaroldShaffer
Well, 2 & a 3rd MIGHT come. I have a cousin up there that just happen to discover 914s. I am working him hard to come on down. biggrin.gif
seanery
Did Marc-Andre pay yet?

Should I wait to post names until you receive payment, or go ahead and do it when I/we receive online registration?
GaroldShaffer
I haven't seen the paypal yet
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.