Full Version: how you say...?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ezbngreen914
How would a German refer to a 914?

Would it be the translation of 9. 1. 4. nuen eins vier

or

Would it be the translation of 9. 14. nuen vierzehn

or

Would it be something else all together?

Cap'n Krusty
"Rust Bucket".

The Cap'n
ezbngreen914
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Dec 19 2011, 06:43 PM) *

"Rust Bucket".

The Cap'n

av-943.gif How did I know I would get an answer like this before I got a real one... I heard something the other day about how the Germans are buying them back from California because the ones in Germany didn't make it, ie rust.
Tom_T
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Dec 19 2011, 04:43 PM) *

"Rust Bucket".

The Cap'n

av-943.gif

You can always count on the Krusty one! biggrin.gif
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(ezbngreen914 @ Dec 19 2011, 07:39 PM) *

How would a German refer to a 914?

Phonetically, it's "Folksvagen" ...

When I was at the factory inquiring about the 931 (924 Turbo) - this was 1979 - they referred to that by its German number - "Neun Hundert Vier und Zwanzig "

So I'd hafta guess internally, it's "Neun Hundert Vierzehn"
SirAndy
You would say it as:

"Nine Fourteen(er)" = "Neun-Vierzehn(er)"

As in:

Mein Neun-Vierzehner Porsche ist sehr schnell!

driving.gif
gasman
I sold my 76 during the summer to a German. Its now in Germany. I called the car "her" at one point. He said the car was a "he" in Germany.....so I guess it had a change crossing the ocean
bandjoey
Mein Neun-Vierzehner Porsche ist auf jackstands! av-943.gif

Next?

Nachste??
draganc
beside neun vierzehn, some call it as well "VoPo" short for Vo-lks Po-rsche or Porsche of the people....but crusty's comment made me spit out coffee, good one!
damesandhotrods
QUOTE(gasman @ Dec 19 2011, 05:16 PM) *

I sold my 76 during the summer to a German. Its now in Germany. I called the car "her" at one point. He said the car was a "he" in Germany.....so I guess it had a change crossing the ocean

If your 914 is a der wagen, then it is a he. But if your 914 is a das auto it is an it.
johannes
They call it the VOPO

That means "VOlkswagen-POrsche" but also "VOlks-POlizeï" that was the East Germany Police's nickname...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.