Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WOT: Positive vibes requested...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
scottb
my new buddy dillon, a 10 month old siberian husky is currently in icu at the local animal hospital trying to figure out why he is failing. looks like one of three things:

1) the little turd chews on everything and looks like he could have perforated a bit of his bowel due to a piece of something....

2) a liver vascular disorder that may or may not be able to be surgically repaired....

3) lymphoma that has a high cure rate in dogs....

gonna cost some cash but i can always make more. this dog and i had our issues when he first showed up but now we are the best of buds. at least have to try.

no need to reply, just some positive vibes needed up here in the northeast for a siberian husky named dillon....
scottb
here's the little nugget right after we brought him home....
red914
sure hope he pulls through. he's a good looking little guy. keep us posted, ok?
SpecialK
agree.gif

He looks a lot like my Akita "Mo", hope he pulls through!
Rhodes71/914
Those are great dogs, He'll make it.
Jeff Bonanno
very sorry to hear this - i have three dogs who i cherish very much. best of luck!
Tom Perso
Thinking of you and your dog... They are great companions...

Tom
grantsfo
Toby is sending his thoughts! Hope everything works out for your pup!

IPB Image
VegasRacer
IPB Image
from Kaiser and Monarch.
scottb
just off the phone with the vet....

looks like a small bowel perforation. sounds bad but of the 3 options, this is the best. little turd goes to surgery in the morning and is going to be sedated, restful over night tonight preparing. if just a hole in the intestine, can be repaired/removed/anastamosed then a little post operative antibiotics and in the best of all worlds.... he comes home in a few days to be a little shit head again.... i feel positive... thanks for the vibes all.....

actually looking forward to seeing him dig up the yard again...!!!!!
Rocky
Last year my beast had a bowel perf. 2k later she's good as ever. Tough on the wallet but you get back total unconditional love.

Good luck to you and him. smile.gif

Tim
GTeener
My pooch, Moose, is channelling positive vibes to ya.

We have pet insurance which helps offset some of these major costs. We had a scarey incident at the beginning of the year that got reimbursed some.

Best of luck with everything!
Jeroen
Positive vibes coming your way!!!

cheers,

Jeroen
watsonrx13
Our prayers and good vibes from the Watson family, me, Robin and our two dashshunds, Lucky and Dusty. mueba.gif mueba.gif mueba.gif
TimT
Aww good vibes going to your little turd smile.gif

I had a Siberian as a companion for almost 15 years, mah buddy Spike went everywhere with me, came to work with me every day, he was a great dog. Always an alpha male though..

Hope you pal pulls through, Siberians are incredibly thick headed, but the are incredibly loyal to.

friggin hairballs LOL wait till he sheds LOL
davep
Our 18 little ones want to add their positive vibes to the rest. Good luck.
rhodyguy
eva is dreaming of a speedy recovery. $00.001 worth of slug bait turned into a $1200 vet bill ohmy.gif . i let the slugs eat what they want these days.

kevin & eva
Gint
Great lookin pooch. Best wishes to Dillon.
Ctrout
My family sends best wishes for a speedy recovery. Sasha sends her vibes too.
Jenny
Brian, Snoopy and I send you our best as well. Hopefully Dillon will be up to no good in no time flat!

Jen
Eric_Shea
Lindo sends his wub.gif
scottb
well the turd is in surgery now..... had a good night, a little plasma, some supportive saline and he is doing well. drained some of the fluid off of his abdomen to make him more comfortable and to ease surgery.

keep the vibes comin' folks (insert meditating smiley here)!!!!!
seanery
Brembo wishes him a quick and full recovery!
scottb
ok, the turd is out of surgery and in recovery.

vet tech who was on the phone didn't have much info but the surgeon should be calling in the next 1/2 hr......

keepin' the vibe......
scottb
shit, shit, shit...... sad.gif

out of surgery and they couldn't find what is wrong. no bowel perforation and really nothing else that points to what the problem is. consult thinks it is probably an infectious process but will have to wait for the biopsy results as there haven't been blood cultures...

damn it.... been on a friggin' roller coaster and just want to do what is right for the little turd. don't want to abuse him with uneccesary procedures but also want to give him the chance to make it.....

shit, shit, shit.......

extra vibes needed please.....
Bigbohr
I believe you are doing the right thing, taking care of your lill buddy
Hang in there guys!!!
Extra vibes from our nestor Hansel ...
Tom Perso
IPB Image

Sadie and LJ send their best for a speedy recovery! We are thinking of your little guy... Please get better!

Tom (Sadie and LJ too)
ChrisReale
Im sorry. I hope everything works out. I had a Beagle/Border Collie that ate a bag of peanut shells I left on the table after watching a baseball game. I woke up the next morning to little steamy piles of soft-serve shit all over the floor.
scottb
ok, on 3rd doc now and still a question of:

1) congential defect

2) acute liver failure

3) acute bowel disease

4) chronic liver failure

going to put a feeding tube in as he has refused food since last thurs but has started to drink. took today off from work and went to see the little turd. even was able to take him for a walk. was tired but much happier outside.

feeding tube goes in tonite and they will feed him in the evening and tomorrow then i am taking him home. pathology will show up on wed/thurs. once i get done i could have one of jakes engines but that would be nothing if my buddy is ok.......

pump up the vibe volume......

party.gif
scottb
here is my buddy and i just a couple of weeks ago....

and note the porsche content!!!
Jenny
Scott, I'm getting teary just reading your posts... Poor little guy. We're all thinking of him and pulling for him. Dillon's very lucky to have such a good friend in you. I hope the path report yields some good news. Please keep us posted. And give him a big hug from me. wub.gif

Jen
Jeroen
hang in there!!!
dinomium
Sapphie the wonder-weaten likes to think she is a Husky built for the frozen tundra, but alas, she is not!
Get well soon, she and we all sayz!
scottb
thanks for all the vibes folks but my buddy died quietly today at about 220PM eastern. the vets were never able to nail down what was wrong and we tried everything to keep him going. saw him yesterday and he was groggy but recognized me and wagged his tail and put his head in my hand as i pet him. a great last visit but his time was too short. only 11 months old. i'm gonna drink a few beers now....

thanks again for all the support....

scott sad.gif
seanery
scott, i'm so sorry to hear this. sad.gif
red914
we are very sad for you. i am glad you got to see him, and that he recognized you. it brings back sad memories...
davep
We are very sorry to hear of the loss. That is so very sad. It would be interesting to find out what the cause was, just to be safe the next time.

Dave Pateman
Palman Poodles
roundboy914
back on 12/29/03 we put down our dalmation of 11 years. one of the hardest things that i have done. keep your head up, he is in a better place, and in time, you will be able to remember him without feeling the loss. sad.gif
GTeener
Our deepest sypathies
scottb
as i said before, my buddy dillon and i butted heads for a while...

in his short time with me, he taught me this:

1) if you love someone, keep fighting until they love you back. he won on this rolleyes.gif

2) don't try to change someone. let them dig when they need to. we all need a release.

3) and the obvious last one, life's too short so live well, laugh often and love much.

thanks buddy..... i will never forget you.... smile.gif
fiid
Hey,

So sorry for your loss.

All the best,

Fiid.
Rocky
Very, very sad for your loss Scott sad.gif My heart goes out to you. Thanks for the Email.

Tim
Jeroen
Can't come up with anything good to say
I feel for you...
sad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.