Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Heater control in dash - early cars
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
potomacmidget
Good evening All,

I have a 1971 car. With the assistance from many here I have managed to get the heater fan to be operational - which now seems like a luxury as it is getting colder. I was laying on my back doing my contortionist routine and looking at the wiring behind the dash, on the heater/fresh air controls on the dash - and it looks like there are lights mounted in the controls, is that correct? Of course mine don't work if there are lights there. Just wanted some confirmation prior to pulling out the controls - did not see anything in the haynes or the owners manual about lights. Any advice appreciated.

thanks
Reg
mrbubblehead
yes there are tiny little lights. 3 or 4 i believe. they just pull straight out of there sockets.
luskesq
In my '70 there is only one bulb. upper right hand corner behind the little square. Don't believe there are 4 but it wouldn't be the first time I have been wrong. The socket does pull straight out however.

Keith
potomacmidget
QUOTE(luskesq @ Dec 19 2011, 11:55 PM) *

In my '70 there is only one bulb. upper right hand corner behind the little square. Don't believe there are 4 but it wouldn't be the first time I have been wrong. The socket does pull straight out however.

Keith

Thanks Mrbubblehead and luskesq !
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.