Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Safety concerns for a track car
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nine14cats
Hey Folks,

Safety popped through my mind for my track car. I'm running PCA-GGR "GM" class. I can use fiberglass, and I have fenders and bumpers switched over. I'm going to be switching over to fiberglass f/r hoods real soon as well.

PCA rules say I can't tube brace other than in the rear by the control arms. If god forbide I were to plow into something on the track....how safe is the front end of the car to absorb any sort of impact....not much metal to crumple left and dissapate the impact...

I have a full cage around the cockpit, but it doesnt cover the footwells....

Anyone have any firsthand experience?

Just curious....

Thanks,

Bill P.

MDB2.gif
Brad Roberts
We run tubes forward from the A pillar bars to the inside of the fenderwells. I would assume you can build a U shaped brace that drops down from the fenderwells and goes forward to the backside of the front bumper area.

Shoot a pic.

B
nine14cats
B,

I'll shoot a pick of my car without the fiberglass fenders tonight and post. I have no bracing up front at all.

Do you have a pic of what you are suggesting? What size tubing?

Thanks,

Bill P.

driving.gif
Brad Roberts
1.5 inch .095 wall DOM. Same thing TonyC uses for all of our 914 cages unless it's a V8 car.

I'll see if I can dig up a pic of what I'm talking about.

B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.