Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jackalope build
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
chuckc
Here is what I'd like to do to my teener. rough sketch I put together tonight focusing on the bumper/grill -- roughly based on the 75 front bumper. hammered out flares, Mike Bellis headlight mod.

putting the engine together with my dad this winter -- 2.5 subie block w/ 2.2L heads, reground cams, and fwd subie transmission.

I have the 911 front end and rear brakes, and picking up some phone dials this winter.

I'm scared and have alot to learn!!

peace,
Chuck

p.s. any purchase of my illustrations on imagekind.com go to funding this project.

Click to view attachment
Tom_T
Nice "sketch" Chuck!

It almost looks old school pen & paper sketching, but tones/etc. lead me to believe it's CG/CAD.

It reminds me of the pencil sketching I used to do in my notebooks to entertain myself through high school! biggrin.gif

santa_smiley.gif
infraredcalvin
Sketch looks good, project should be a fun one. Remind me, how do we search for your work? Would you do custom illustrations of a members car?
eric9144
Put 914 in the search box when you get there... smile.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(chuckc @ Dec 19 2011, 10:45 PM) *

biggrin.gif

I like the overall idea but i think the sharp edges make it look too much like a "ricer" body kit.

If you softened those edges a bit, more like a GT3 front-end for example, i think it would look better.
popcorn[1].gif
513mugsy
Looks like an updated 916 style front bumper. Just take your time and walk away and think about it for a while before you let frustration take ahold of you.
zymurgist
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Dec 20 2011, 12:35 PM) *

biggrin.gif

I like the overall idea but i think the sharp edges make it look too much like a "ricer" body kit.

agree.gif
Andyrew
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Dec 20 2011, 09:35 AM) *

biggrin.gif

If you softened those edges a bit, more like a GT3 front-end for example, i think it would look better.
popcorn[1].gif

I agree.

dflesburg
The 80s called, they want thier front bumper design back...
McMark
Love the style of the drawing. I think the headlight, hood air exit, and flares look great. But I agree that 914's don't look great with a big ol' nose.

I was gonna see about order a print, but then I realized I'd need to somehow search their whole site. No thanks.

POST A LINK! biggrin.gif

Oh, and PM me a price for a custom illustration of my car. wink.gif
chuckc
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Dec 20 2011, 02:17 AM) *

Nice "sketch" Chuck!

It reminds me of the pencil sketching I used to do in my notebooks to entertain myself through high school! biggrin.gif

santa_smiley.gif

thanks Tom...it was old fashioned pen and paper, I scanned it and added the color in adobe Illustrator
beerchug.gif
chuckc
thanks all for the feedback...somegood roasting and some food for thought, after Christmas I post a reworked front end

QUOTE(infraredcalvin @ Dec 20 2011, 09:56 AM) *

Sketch looks good, project should be a fun one. ... Would you do custom illustrations of a members car?

Thanks, yea I'd love to do custom illustrations...this one was maybe 8 hrs, but I cut alot of corners and it's good for a sketch, but still a little janksey...figuring out an affordable price point is the tricky part...but I'm in so far over my head with this project that I'll trade for skills.

popcorn[1].gif

RICER?!?
actually I thought the same thing when I was drawing it laugh.gif It is a little bit too fast and furious, however...it will have a ricer engine.
It could do with some rounded edges...a middle ground between this and a GT3 is a good idea.

QUOTE(513mugsy @ Dec 20 2011, 12:41 PM) *

Looks like an updated 916 style front bumper. Just take your time and walk away and think about it for a while before you let frustration take ahold of you.

once it's time for the wiring I may be doing alot of walking away, just hopefully not for good. blink.gif

QUOTE(dflesburg @ Dec 20 2011, 03:14 PM) *

The 80s called, they want thier front bumper design back...

"Ya! Ya... well the jerk store called and they want their jerk back"
Sienfield...couldn't help it! lol-2.gif The best would be if I also added the porsch-arossa rear end kit. That would be totally 80's

biggrin.gif

QUOTE(McMark @ Dec 20 2011, 03:19 PM) *

Love the style of the drawing. I think the headlight, hood air exit, and flares look great. But I agree that 914's don't look great with a big ol' nose.

...I realized I'd need to somehow search their whole site.

POST A LINK! biggrin.gif

Oh, and PM me a price for a custom illustration of my car. wink.gif

http://councilc.imagekind.com/cars

I want it to keep the 75 bumper base shape on top and side, but open for the radiator, brake vents, 2 parts with lower valance and serving as a front spoiler for the downforce... I like the GT3 critique from earlier
chuckc

biggrin.gif

popcorn[1].gif

did some playing around...GT3 was too modern for the 70's style...but I liked the old 935 style, but angled on top like the '75 914 (because I like the depth), smaller lights larger raidiator opening and slight backwards rake like the 916.

2 peices bumper and mating valance.

anyway...here's anothe sketch..

Click to view attachment
andys
Take a look at the 914 with a 944T front fascia grafted to it. The guy did a nice job mounting it in place, and it kinda/sorta goes with the 914 styling....Doesn't have that hard edged look to it.

http://members.rennlist.com/bluethunder/carpictures.htm

Andys
chuckc
QUOTE(andys @ Dec 23 2011, 12:21 PM) *

Take a look at the 914 with a 944T front fascia grafted to it. The guy did a nice job mounting it in place, and it kinda/sorta goes with the 914 styling....Doesn't have that hard edged look to it.

Andys

That's pretty cool
mikey63
I like the driving lights and turn signal layout.
poorsche914
QUOTE(chuckc @ Dec 23 2011, 12:05 PM) *

Reminds me of a modified IMSA air dam. idea.gif

driving.gif
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(mikey63 @ Dec 23 2011, 09:33 AM) *

I like the driving lights and turn signal layout.

I like this look but are the turn signals too low to be legal?
chuckc
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Dec 23 2011, 08:00 PM) *

driving.gif

Yea when I was sketching it I was thinking the same. ..but I'd like it to hit about an 80° angle vs 90 up front. Also the IMSA is so square, kinda bugs me a little how the lower portion contrast the curve of the body from profile.
messix
QUOTE(andys @ Dec 23 2011, 09:21 AM) *

Andys

thats pjhan on this board.
carr914
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Dec 23 2011, 08:00 PM) *

driving.gif

agree.gif
dlkawashima
Another front end treatment ...

IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.