Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I did it again ...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SirAndy
Somehow, i always manage to let the domain for 914world.com expire. It's like clockwork.
slap.gif

Anyways, paid for another 5 years. I'm sure i'll forget by then too ... biggrin.gif

Now go and take your 914 for a drive!
driving.gif
SLITS
I was going to buy it just to piss you off. flag.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(SLITS @ Dec 20 2011, 09:33 AM) *

Awh, that's sooo schweet! grouphug.gif
stugray
Yeah, that was weird.

This morning my home computers both redirected to a different website while my work computer still found the old site.

I thought I was going nuts.

Stu
Cairo94507
OK - back on line and my blood pressure has returned to normal. If I don't get my "World" fix I can't be responsible for my actions. Thank you Andy all is good in the world again. smile.gif
sixnotfour
Did stazak remind you again ? beerchug.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Dec 20 2011, 09:57 AM) *

Nope, this time it was McMark. first.gif

At 7am! blink.gif
For those who know me, that's in the middle of the night for me. I got into work an hour early ...
maf914
Thanks, Andy. Glad you got things back together. I tried to access the site this morning and got the Net Solutions web site. I did a google and found the thread on Pelican explaining what was going on. idea.gif

Again, thanks, Andy and all of the other admins who keep this site going. smilie_pokal.gif
Andyrew
I saw it go down at midnight and though "Hmm, I wonder if andy forgot to pay for the domain?"

tongue.gif

Thanks again Andy for everything!
RiqueMar
Oh man! I was going through withdrawls! Couldn't' sleep last night, thought I'de browse a few progress threads, and when it started coming up as a different page.... Just broke down.

headbang.gif
JawjaPorsche
I click on 914World early this morning and I thought I was dreaming or your website has hacked. Glad you renewed the domain name and we really appreciate everything you do for the teener community.

Merry Christmas!

Terry
mojorisen914
Thanks Andy! All is well in the World now.
r_towle
Good for another 5 years....
I guarantee you will forget.

Rich
PeeGreen 914
beerchug.gif To five more years.... happy11.gif
bozo914
Just set the alarm on your cell phone for 12/19/2016 12AM. And then wonder why the alarm is going off in 5 years. "I know there was something..." huh.gif
76-914
QUOTE(bozo914 @ Dec 20 2011, 11:16 AM) *

Just set the alarm on your cell phone for 12/19/2016 12AM. And then wonder why the alarm is going off in 5 years. "I know there was something..." huh.gif

Who has the same cell phone 5 yr's later. lol-2.gif
markb
QUOTE(PeeGreen 914 @ Dec 20 2011, 11:13 AM) *

beerchug.gif To five more years.... happy11.gif

agree.gif
McMark
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Dec 20 2011, 09:59 AM) *

At 7am! blink.gif
For those who know me, that's in the middle of the night for me. I got into work an hour early ...

You're welcome. I got the 6:45 email from Rick Ollah and Mike Moorman. Then the txt from Jeff Stroud. laugh.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(McMark @ Dec 20 2011, 02:14 PM) *

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Dec 20 2011, 09:59 AM) *

At 7am! blink.gif

You're welcome. I got the 6:45 email from Rick Ollah and Mike Moorman. Then the txt from Jeff Stroud. laugh.gif

lol-2.gif Yep, I received an email from Mike Moorman this morning saying he received an email about the domain name expiring. He stated he tried to renew to protect it from being lost but couldn't. I passed the email onto Mark because I didn't have Sir Andy's addy.

Forgot about the time zone thing. rolleyes.gif
TheCabinetmaker
As of right now there are a bunch of folks over at the club that still can't get on. They have cleared their cache and still nothing. Weird cause my access never stopped working, but I always stay logged on
johannes
I was on the Club and on Pelican. Everything works fine now ...

Thats funny because I also own half a dozen domain names and my provider always send me three warning mails before the domain expires...
SirAndy
QUOTE(johannes @ Dec 20 2011, 03:09 PM) *
I also own half a dozen domain names and my provider always send me three warning mails before the domain expires...

Well, that only works if the email they have on file is still valid ... rolleyes.gif
Andyrew
It keeps going down on me randomly through the day.. Hopefully tomorrow the server decides to stop hating me smile.gif
somd914
Many thanks for saving the world!
Gint
I almost called you at 05:00. That would have been 4 for you. smile.gif
Dr Evil
Freaked me right out this AM. I was afraid that someone would swoop in and steal the site.
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(SLITS @ Dec 20 2011, 11:33 AM) *

I was going to buy it and sell it to George just to piss TC off! happy11.gif
poorsche914
Only need it for another year since TEENERGEDDON is at the end of 2012 w00t.gif
championgt1
Thanks Andy! beerchug.gif
euro911
Kapt Kaos finally got the wireless router working over here on Sunday and I've been checking in from my garage ever since. When I checked the site this afternoon, I couldn't get in and started thinking idea.gif ... I didn't log out last night - could someone have hacked my password and Fuch'd up the World confused24.gif

Glad to see it wasn't MY fault after all biggrin.gif

Thanks Andy beerchug.gif

PS its still intermittently kicking me to the wrong page
jeeperjohn56
Thank You Mark and Sir Andy, for all your hard work to keeping this site going like everyone else I need my daily World fix. Thanks Again John santa_smiley.gif
EdwardBlume
Oh man. I thought it was a group buy and I started buying boxster parts. Is my credit card number safe? av-943.gif
JmuRiz
My work computer sees the site fine (obviously if I'm posting) but my iPhone sure doesn't see the site...takes me to some bogus page.

Any ideas?
SirAndy
QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Dec 22 2011, 07:12 AM) *
My work computer sees the site fine (obviously if I'm posting) but my iPhone sure doesn't see the site...takes me to some bogus page.

Any ideas?

Clear your browser cache ... shades.gif
JmuRiz
I'll have to look up if that's an option on the iPhone...
SirAndy
QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Dec 22 2011, 11:06 AM) *

I'll have to look up if that's an option on the iPhone...

You can try to flush the cache by adding a ? followed by a made up command and some random number to the end of the url, like so:

Homepage:
http://www.914world.com/index.php?uts=213412342134

Forum page:
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?uts=345688765

That might do the trick ...
popcorn[1].gif
JmuRiz
Thanks, I'll give that a go...i did find a tip on how to do it in the settings. I don't know if I can go without the site for the holiday weekend, so I need to get it sorted, haha.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.