Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rainy Day Project
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JawjaPorsche
With injectors expected by FedEx tomorrow, I decided to paint my intakes. I also replaced my hoses between my intakes and air box. They don't make the original hoses so I used silicone instead. The old hoses were original and were hard as a rock! I also replaced the intake manifold gaskets too.

Now if my rebuilt injectors will work!
76-914
IMHO, the silicone hose is a better product.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(76-914 @ Dec 20 2011, 01:01 PM) *

agree.gif But the original is available from multiple sources...
JawjaPorsche
Can you name some of sources? I checked around to no success.

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Dec 20 2011, 08:33 PM) *

bigkensteele
QUOTE(JawjaPorsche @ Dec 20 2011, 05:38 PM) *

Can you name some of sources? I checked around to no success.

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Dec 20 2011, 08:33 PM) *

$4 each at Pelican, which is where I got mine. CIP1, AA, and busdepot also have them, I believe.
914itis
Yep just got some from pelican delivered yesterday. I believe they are.. Didn't. Open them yet
JawjaPorsche
Pelican Parts do not have them for a 1.7. They said I could use the 1.8/2.0 hoses but I would have to use clamps because they are too big. No thanks.

QUOTE(ppetion @ Dec 20 2011, 10:32 PM) *

Yep just got some from pelican delivered yesterday. I believe they are.. Didn't. Open them yet

914itis
QUOTE(JawjaPorsche @ Dec 20 2011, 10:53 PM) *

Pelican Parts do not have them for a 1.7. They said I could use the 1.8/2.0 hoses but I would have to use clamps because they are too big. No thanks.

QUOTE(ppetion @ Dec 20 2011, 10:32 PM) *

Ok. Mine is a 2.0

I too was wondering clamps were needed, I guest you answered that for me.
JawjaPorsche
My first response in this topic said if my rebuilt injectors will work!

I got the injectors from the vendor today but they were cores from someones' order! The instructions said return the cores in the same box that the rebuilts came in. Apparently someone at the vendor thought they were returns and restocked the shelves! I got someone's returned cores instead of rebuilts.

I called five hours ago and they said someone would resolve the situation. I haven't heard back yet.

Customer no service!
SUNAB914
That sucks!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.