Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS/ ASE 000 050 Original Scan Tool
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
carrera6
smile.gifI was a Porsche/Audi tech for 40+ years. I retired in 2009 and still have a few special tools that I have no use for. One of these tools is an original dealer scan tool for VW Type 3, 4 and early 914 engines. It is in excellent condition and worked just fine the last time it was interfaced with a car. I would like $300 for it and I will ship it for free, within the lower 48. See attached pictures. This will be posted on E-bay on Sunday, so if you wish to purchase it without having to bid for it. her's your chance. Drop me an e-mail (johnskuja@ravens-roost.com) or answer this post with your e-mail and I'll answer you.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
mistro
Interested but how early of a 914, ie will it work on a 73? And where does this plug into? And does it come with some instructions?
McMark
Looks like it'll work with any D-Jet 914. You unplug the ECU and install the pass-through connector in between the harness and ECU.
mistro
The Geek in me is interested but John does not have instructions. He says they are part of the factory Service Manuals. I know one sold here recently... Anyone interested in looking this up in the factory service manuals and telling me if there are instructions on the device in there? It would be much appreciated. TIA Mike
rgalla9146
QUOTE(mistro @ Dec 20 2011, 10:06 PM) *

The Geek in me is interested but John does not have instructions. He says they are part of the factory Service Manuals. I know one sold here recently... Anyone interested in looking this up in the factory service manuals and telling me if there are instructions on the device in there? It would be much appreciated. TIA Mike

Yes, step by step instructions in the factory manual using this tool.
In vol. 2 entitled .......Fuel injection !
BTW the same manual also outlines other testing and repair methods without using this equipment.
jaxdream
Jeff Bowlsby's site may have instructions , IIRC.
Nice piece of test equip.

Jack
Woody
I believe I have the factory service manuals on microfiche. Not sure what they are worth.
toadman
QUOTE(mistro @ Dec 20 2011, 10:06 PM) *

Go here and print them out.

http://www.aircoolednut.com/erkson/ttt/eng...nstructions.htm

yeakel1
Will this unit work with my 74 2.0? Is that a picture of Monte Shelton's old 906? smilie_pokal.gif
mistro
Payment has been sent to John so hopefully he considers the sale pending
carrera6
QUOTE(mistro @ Dec 28 2011, 06:39 AM) *

Payment has been sent to John so hopefully he considers the sale pending

This unit is sold and is being shipped tomorrow, 1/4/12
carrera6
QUOTE(yeakel1 @ Dec 27 2011, 02:29 PM) *

Will this unit work with my 74 2.0? Is that a picture of Monte Shelton's old 906? smilie_pokal.gif

Hi Actually that is Don Wester's car. It was purchased by Lew Florence after Don had it and is now owned by Gary Emory http://www.emorymotorsports.com/outlaws Painted a different color,(original was yellow and black) but the same scheme with the scallops off the headlights and the rear air intake on top of the fenders. This was the first true Porsche Race car I saw as a kid and I will never forget the sound it made at the USRRC race at Seattle International Raceway in 1967. The howl was audible over all the big American thunder, it was wonderful!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.