Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1970 Porsche 914-6 asking $34k on craigslist (no pictures yet)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
project914
No interest in car, just posting what I learned:

1970 Porsche 914-6 asking $34k on craigslist (no pictures yet)
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/2762113034.html
Phone number: 831-901-7302 (Chuck)

VIN#914043xxxx (won't share VIN due to paranoia about fake cars?)
Currently registered Non-Op in California with title in hand
Located in Monterey
Originally sold by Niello Porsche Sacramento
2nd owner
Stored 22 years
80k? miles
California Title
Red Metallic (probably original color)
Rust Free
14" Fuchs (5)

Believed to be original engine
Rebuilt w/E cams and Biral cylinders
Webers
Marelli w/ spare points
Heat exchangers
Stock muffler
Rebuilt Trans

Modifications/Issues:
Sail panel scoops with air ducts to intake (can't wait to see these)
Cracked windshield
Non-stock radio
Notches in stock rear valence
Yellow fog light covers instead of grills
smontanaro
Interesting. Offers starting at $34k, yet there are no pictures, there have clearly been a non-stock modification or two which might not increase the value...
jeffhills33
It sounds interesting....

To the seller:
Any car of this age / vintage, not to mention the so called history... NEEDS PICTURES!
Please... biggrin.gif
914.SBC
I get so frustrated when people sell high priced cars and no pictures. I honestly dont even bother with the ad if there are no pictures.

When I was in the market for a house and the seller had no flyer out front with pictures, I moved on.

Marketing rule #1, have some darn pictures. WTF.gif
tod914
For $34K, let the moths out of your wallet and get a COA to substantiate the "probally and believe to be". Maybe with enough inquires, he'll post some shots.
pete000
This car has been listed before.

I called trying to get pictures and always got a answering machine. I left my number and got a call back. I missed the call and it went to my voice mail, message was" If your calling about the car call back"

Never got through, never got any pictures.

Not a very motivated seller...

carr914
Unfortunately a Craiglist common factor.

However, I bought a car 6 Months ago and SOLD 1 today via Craiglist biggrin.gif with absolutely no problems or hassles. I'm thinking I'm Lucky clover.gif

McMark
Enough crabbing. Car for sale, not a place for you to vent your pet peeves. Get over it and click on to something else. rolleyes.gif
racerbvd
QUOTE(carr914 @ Dec 21 2011, 07:48 PM) *

However, I bought a car 6 Months ago and SOLD 1 today via Craiglist biggrin.gif with absolutely no problems or hassles. I'm thinking I'm Lucky clover.gif

You are, when I listed my 911 on there, I had some girl send me a reply saying that for less than a typical date, I could have a "Happy Ending" but not quite those terms.. That is one reason I don't include a phone number..
carr914
QUOTE(racerbvd @ Dec 22 2011, 06:19 PM) *

You are, when I listed my 911 on there, I had some girl send me a reply saying that for less than a typical date, I could have a "Happy Ending" but not quite those terms.. That is one reason I don't include a phone number..

I'm quite appalled you didn't pull out the Classic - Any Trades? biggrin.gif
racerbvd
QUOTE(carr914 @ Dec 22 2011, 05:16 PM) *

QUOTE(racerbvd @ Dec 22 2011, 06:19 PM) *

I'm quite appalled you didn't pull out the Classic - Any Trades? biggrin.gif

I didn't even respond, didn't want here having my e-mail addy//
chair.gif
ChicagoPete
QUOTE(project914 @ Dec 20 2011, 09:00 PM) *

Modifications/Issues:
Sail panel scoops with air ducts to intake (can't wait to see these)
Cracked windshield
Non-stock radio
Notches in stock rear valence
Yellow fog light covers instead of grills

Anyone ever get pictures of this car???

I used to have a /6 with EXACTLY as described..."Sail panel scoops with air ducts to intake"

Mine had flared fenders though.

I gotta dig up those pictures and scan them, nothing was digital back then.Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.