Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Great moments in 914World history
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
KELTY360
Over the years there have been some amazing, hilarious, heartwarming and humbling moments on this site. I'm sure we all have our favorites; whether it be a single post or an entire thread.

For me two things quickly spring to mind: the sequence of threads leading to the Buttercup build - beginning with this thread -

Mary Shortridge introduces Buttercup

and of course, the day Dana cut the Anklebiter in two - page 26, post #506 & 507:

The Anklebiter Thread

What springs to your mind when you think of the Greatest Hits of 914World?
tornik550
Tubeframe 914

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...mp;hl=tubeframe
StratPlayer
When we all chipped in a bought a van for a member suffering from ALS..I can't remember the members name,,,,,,great deed by the members.. smilie_pokal.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(StratPlayer @ Dec 20 2011, 09:30 PM) *

When we all chipped in a bought a van for a member suffering from ALS..I can't remember the members name,,,,,,great deed by the members.. smilie_pokal.gif

agree.gif Korijo (Dave)

Mary's car and of course the Ferrari incident... lol-2.gif Miss ya Howie! dry.gif
markb
QUOTE(StratPlayer @ Dec 20 2011, 07:30 PM) *

agree.gif
shoguneagle
I am glad someone took the time to open up this subject: THE HEART AND SOLE OF 914 MEMBERSHIP AND OWNERSHIP!!! It does bring back a lot of good memories regarding the different aspects where members step forward with interest of helping others needing assistance regarding our cars. It does make one proud to take care, participate, and involve oneself in the cars and their "caretakers".

I was just looking at my joining the 914 Group which was in the days of the 914 club and how it evolved including its problems to the status it has in the eyes of the world. The statement includes both 914Club and 914World since we are all members and interested in the same car activities. A lot of us belong to both groups and enjoy the involvement.

We have had our problems but the examples reflected in this thread really show what the true 914er is concerned about and how he will help others. Thus, we have really shown what our club involvement is really involved: people, 914, drives, special events, and all the good things that go with these clubs.

I thank you for starting this thread and reflecting a lot of things which we may forget in our activities.

Makes me proud to restore and maintain a 914; A TRUE PORSCHE!!!!

Steve Hurt
EdwardBlume
Jenny's build was fun. Complete transfer of everything from one car to the other in 23 hours.
EdwardBlume
Dr. Evil's storm chasing transmission clinic in San Jose.... w00t.gif
Andyrew
Korijo and WCR2005 so far have been my most memorable.

sixnotfour
Veltor's rebuild ongoing.
pt_700
from the forever seach challenged...

remember when a member was broken down somewhere in the midwest (i think), broken key on the engine fan among other woes as i recall. a local vw mechanic who was dealing with the loss of his infant son was kind enough to lend shop space, tools and assistance.

in addition to the generosity of the mechanic, the responces from members here, sending little tokens of appreciation to him was really heartwarming.

quite typical, as i've learned from my time here.
Dave_Darling
The Great Escape Plan.

"Meet @ Uncle Jiggly's"...

--DD
Elliot Cannon
ANY post about the 2005 WCC. Best ever. Thanks Howard. Miss ya. wub.gif
KELTY360
QUOTE(pt_700 @ Dec 21 2011, 09:04 AM) *

from the forever seach challenged...

remember when a member was broken down somewhere in the midwest (i think), broken key on the engine fan among other woes as i recall. a local vw mechanic who was dealing with the loss of his infant son was kind enough to lend shop space, tools and assistance.

in addition to the generosity of the mechanic, the responces from members here, sending little tokens of appreciation to him was really heartwarming.

quite typical, as i've learned from my time here.

Yeah that was good stuff. See post #25 - Mitchell SD 914 rescue
SirAndy
QUOTE(StratPlayer @ Dec 20 2011, 07:30 PM) *

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=1047

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=1820

first.gif
JRust
One of my favorites would be Issaquah in 08 or 09? I had multiple problems with my car & missed all the drives. After a nice Radiator swap in the parking lot before the saturday drive. Then losing the pack after getting gas. I overheated & Blew a headgasket on the way down the mountain run. Got picked up by another teener & squezed 3 in his 914 back to the hotel. Where I picked up my trailer & drove back up to get my car. It was quit the pisser overall for the weekend. So while my 914 sucked pretty much the whole WCR. Everyone was so damn cool about everything & helpful. To the point they took up a collection without my knowledge. Saturday night one of the guys came up to me away from everybody else. He handed me a wad of cash that everyone had chipped in. Just to help me pay for towing the first day. Plus everything else. I was a little frustrated overall with my car to say the least. It was very touching & I didn't really know what to say. Damn near brought tears to my eye's actually. Not that I needed the money (although it was nice & helped at the time). Just that someone thought of doing it & everyone who contributed.

So I love the teener community & always have. It has always been a place you could get help with anything. There is always someone there to lend a hand when it's needed. Weather you knew you needed it or not evilgrin.gif . I know what a great network of individuals we have across the world literally. Always nice to have people you can call on when you in some random place & stuck. It's nice getting that call to go help someone else too beerchug.gif
KELTY360
QUOTE(JRust @ Dec 21 2011, 01:05 PM) *

Always nice to have people you can call on when you in some random place & stuck. It's nice getting that call to go help someone else too beerchug.gif

agree.gif Really good point Jamie, it seems like a gift when you get a chance to help someone out.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Dec 21 2011, 09:23 AM) *
The Great Escape Plan.

That's a classic! lol-2.gif

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=26387
iamchappy
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Dec 21 2011, 04:27 PM) *

The Great Escape Plan.

agree.gif It was the first thing that came to my mind.....
billh1963
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Dec 21 2011, 05:27 PM) *

The Great Escape Plan.

And to think I bought redshift's car..... I better check it out for contraband....lol

Actually, Phil W looked at it before I did and said there was a fifth of liquor in the front trunk. It was gone when I bought it....hmmmm.....
KELTY360
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Dec 21 2011, 02:27 PM) *

The Great Escape Plan.

av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif

I never heard.....did it work? screwy.gif
SLITS
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Dec 21 2011, 03:09 PM) *

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Dec 21 2011, 02:27 PM) *

The Great Escape Plan.

av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif

I never heard.....did it work? screwy.gif

NOPE

I wonder if it was because of the Orange CDC shirts we wore at WCC05?
Dr Evil
The Korijo Van, Marry and Buttercup build, and many smaller things that go on day to day in public and behind the scenes here smile.gif
hot_shoe914
First thing that came to mind was the Buttercup build and all the people that contributed. I feel very honored to have been a part of that. Also the never ending generosity of all the members when someone is in need.
keske968
The NEO 914 build. I still want those headlights.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.