Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Parts Not Here Yet
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jeeperjohn56
Yet again, I have bought and paid for a back pad and not have received it yet. Has anybody bought and gotten there stuff from this guy that posted as Porscheparent, He said he had gotten a lot of parts from a friend and had no car. I have paid for a back pad but have not gotten it and He's not answering my email's about it. Has anybody else bought from this guy? Thanks John confused24.gif
neyen14
QUOTE(jeeperjohn56 @ Dec 20 2011, 11:48 PM) *

Yet again, I have bought and paid for a back pad and not have received it yet. Has anybody bought and gotten there stuff from this guy that posted as Porscheparent, He said he had gotten a lot of parts from a friend and had no car. I have paid for a back pad but have not gotten it and He's not answering my email's about it. Has anybody else bought from this guy? Thanks John confused24.gif

You know where he is from? The guy who got me recently through ebay has at least 3 different names here on 914 World and at least 2 different ones on ebay... I found out later.
jeeperjohn56
I don't know where he's from, and his name is Britt, and he was a new poster. he had a lot of nice parts from a 74 car with pretty nice price's, he posted picture's of the parts and I was just asking if any other members bought from him. If he dosen't answer my next email, I'm going to paypal to file a claim agaist him. I can't believe how much trouble I'm having in buying a back pad for my car. John
SUNAB914
Contact paypal immediately so they can help you and you will get a refund.
kconway
I bought his door panels and havent heard or seen them either. There was some comments about this in his FS thread. I'm still hoping. I tried to buy Morphs door panels and had them stolen off my door step after the postman left them so I too am having a bitch of a time getting interior parts!
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(jeeperjohn56 @ Dec 21 2011, 04:46 AM) *

I don't know where he's from, and his name is Britt, and he was a new poster. he had a lot of nice parts from a 74 car with pretty nice price's, he posted picture's of the parts and I was just asking if any other members bought from him. If he dosen't answer my next email, I'm going to paypal to file a claim agaist him. I can't believe how much trouble I'm having in buying a back pad for my car. John

Sorry to hear you are having issues John. If things don't work out like they should, let me know, I may have something laying around. idea.gif
windforfun
If you feel like driving to San Mateo, I have several backpad pieces that you might be interested in. Good luck with the situation.
orange914
We have always had such an honest bunch of great guys to deal with in the past, I can't beleive how many threads are out lately about 914 parts rip offs, sorry to hear that John.

Some forums block new members from posting sales until "so many post". Maybe that can be put in place?

Mike
billh1963
I am keeping my fingers crossed....but so far I am out $294 and no parts.

If you read my posts in the original FS posting, the seller went ballistic when I questioned him about the status of my parts. He then posted tracking numbers in thread...which are invalid.

I think this forum should consider a "no post-no sale" rule like many other forums. Some forums have a requirement that you have 50 ot 100 posts before you can post something for sale.

That will not stop deals going bad; however, at least there is some record of the person having a presence on the forum.
billh1963
QUOTE(orange914 @ Dec 21 2011, 10:14 AM) *

We have always had such an honest bunch of great guys to deal with in the past, I can't beleive how many threads are out lately about 914 parts rip offs, sorry to hear that John.

Some forums block new members from posting sales until "so many post". Maybe that can be put in place?

Mike

I think the bad economy is bringing out the scammers. I frequent a watch collectors forum and the same thing started happening there. They had to implement a minimum posting rule as well.
billh1963
QUOTE(SUNAB914 @ Dec 21 2011, 08:16 AM) *

Only if there is anything to get ....
76-914
QUOTE(kconway @ Dec 21 2011, 05:47 AM) *

I bought his door panels and havent heard or seen them either. There was some comments about this in his FS thread. I'm still hoping. I tried to buy Morphs door panels and had them stolen off my door step after the postman left them so I too am having a bitch of a time getting interior parts!

Hey Kev, I bought my last 914 from a postman! Just saying.....

QUOTE(orange914 @ Dec 21 2011, 07:14 AM) *

Mike

Excellant idea; or at least a fee to advertise if just dropping in.
SUNAB914
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Dec 21 2011, 07:28 AM) *

QUOTE(SUNAB914 @ Dec 21 2011, 08:16 AM) *

Only if there is anything to get ....

It worked for me, but notifing them is the first step.
orange914
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Dec 21 2011, 07:23 AM) *

If you read my posts in the original FS posting, the seller went ballistic when I questioned him about the status of my parts. He then posted tracking numbers in thread...which are invalid.

I think this forum should consider a "no post-no sale" rule like many other forums. Some forums have a requirement that you have 50 ot 100 posts before you can post something for sale.

That will not stop deals going bad; however, at least there is some record of the person having a presence on the forum.

There are so many legit great parts guys here that are being brought down with the few real bad lately. If I have a thumbs up from all I would like to contribute by starting a thread. It could have a few simple requirements to keep it factual such as good experance, shipping time and maybe a couple other yes/no - 1 to 10 basic ratings. That way a new member can have basic base if he wants to go with this guy or not. It's a shame to discredit the 914 sellers here, I've made literally dozens of high dollar purchases in the past and never been stung. Maybe a sticky at the top off the 4 sale forum

Mike
kconway
I started a claim with Paypal this morning, hope it works. At the very least it should light a fire under his ass if he is legit.
billh1963
QUOTE(orange914 @ Dec 21 2011, 10:40 AM) *

QUOTE(billh1963 @ Dec 21 2011, 07:23 AM) *

There are so many legit great parts guys here that are being brought down with the few real bad lately. If I have a thumbs up from all I would like to contribute by starting a thread. It could have a few simple requirements to keep it factual such as good experance, shipping time and maybe a couple other yes/no - 1 to 10 basic ratings. That way a new member can have basic base if he wants to go with this guy or not. It's a shame to discredit the 914 sellers here, I've made literally dozens of high dollar purchases in the past and never been stung. Maybe a sticky at the top off the 4 sale forum

Mike

Good idea. One of the watch forums I frequent has "good guys" and "deal watch" section where people can post their experiences.

http://watchnet.com/
mrbubblehead
i bought the alternator from the guy. it to 16 days to get to me. i sent him an email and he got s*itty with me too. but it did show up. and it was the right part. i was about 2 days away from filing a claim myself.
rick 918-S
I very seldom buy a part from a zero or less that 75 post seller. I will just decline the offer. If parts were scarce I may have to rethink this but for now when you post a WTB: in the classifieds you usually get 2-3 offers sent via pm.
Dave_Darling

That tends to lead to a whole bunch of useless "I don't have enough posts yet" posts, and discourages everyone who hasn't been on here for years from selling parts. I don't think it's a good idea.

If you don't want to buy from someone who hasn't been on here, that's your right. That's a reasonable use of the "post count" stat, but it does require that you actually pay attention to that number...

--DD
914werke
popcorn[1].gif
orange914
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Dec 21 2011, 09:28 AM) *

That tends to lead to a whole bunch of useless "I don't have enough posts yet" posts, and discourages everyone who hasn't been on here for years from selling parts. I don't think it's a good idea.

If you don't want to buy from someone who hasn't been on here, that's your right. That's a reasonable use of the "post count" stat, but it does require that you actually pay attention to that number...

--DD

Good point. I'm not trying to discourage anyone from selling, just concerned about the sharp rise in shady sales lately. I certainly couldn't have put together my teener without the (great) help with parts I experianced in the past.
carr914
I like the "X amount of Posts " before Posting in the Classifieds idea.

Screw the people that bitch sheeplove.gif , but those seem to be the people that are screwing us
Mikey914
It is concerning to see that this has become an issue. I know that there are some new posters that are sellimg a bunch of parts. I would like to see more parts available, but the best policy is buyer beware. If they are legit, thier actions will make thier reputation. I'm sure we have some more great new members that are selling parts, but we could have a wall of shame for scammers.
SirAndy
agree.gif

And file a claim with paypal ASAP ... dry.gif
billh1963
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Dec 21 2011, 12:59 PM) *

agree.gif

And file a claim with paypal ASAP ... dry.gif

Done...however, you are assuming that the money is there to be had. If it's a scam they've already cashed out and moved on.
kconway
Note that at least two people who responded to his ad received what that paid for.
Harpo
I received the steering wheel & adapter that I paid for

Dave
JRust
I like the idea of having a minimum amount of posts. Before being able to post an add in the classifieds. Yes there would be people who would pad their post count so they would be able too. Even that would at least get them more involved before hand. Plus if all they did was go on & post a bump or something. Worst case we could see what to expect from them. Anyone of us could do a search with their name before buying anything. If all I saw they had posted was total crap. I wouldn't bother to buy anything from them confused24.gif
Dave_Darling
So what's the difference between that and looking at the post counter under the userpic? It does take several more steps, of course...

It also does nothing to address the actual problem of shady sellers.

--DD
carr914
QUOTE(JRust @ Dec 21 2011, 03:36 PM) *

I like the idea of having a minimum amount of posts. Before being able to post an add in the classifieds. Yes there would be people who would pad their post count so they would be able too. Even that would at least get them more involved before hand. Plus if all they did was go on & post a bump or something. Worst case we could see what to expect from them. Anyone of us could do a search with their name before buying anything. If all I saw they had posted was total crap. I wouldn't bother to buy anything from them confused24.gif

agree.gif

jeeperjohn56
Well I guess after getting a ripping from Billh1963, I got a email from Mr. Porscheparent, about my back pad and he say's it was shipped with the other hundred parts that went out, so maybe I'll get it by Christmas or before New Years. Now if I get my 914-6 rear rotors from Mr. Cracker, this will be a good year. I hope everyone else gets they parts also. Merry Christmas to All. John santa_smiley.gif
somd914
So whatever happened to buyer beware? Though relatively new to the 914 world, I've always made it a policy not to buy from newbies with my other car and boat forums. I've seen here and elsewhere newbies posting adds that based on the write up they don't know much about the item(s) which is a red flag to me. If so inclined to buy from newbies (and most are probably legit), do the old-fashioned thing, talk to them via phone rather than e-mails or pms - you'll certainly get a better feel for whether or not they are legit.

I would hate to see legit newbies get locked out, but so often society will punish the innocent majority for the sins of the few.
Cairo94507
I typically use PayPal with my visa card. I know that my visa protects me in addition to PayPal. I have never, thank the Porsche God, had a problem buying parts here.

I think the best approach is to file a claim with PayPal pretty damn quick if a part you ordered does not arrive within the quoted time frame. Allow a week extra, and file the claim.

I think 99% of the people here are truly good, honest, hardworking 914 lovers. It is the 1% that creates the problems every now and again.

JeeperJohn56 - Glad you got it squared away. I would love to see your car one day. Michael
kconway
QUOTE(jeeperjohn56 @ Dec 21 2011, 11:04 PM) *

Well I guess after getting a ripping from Billh1963, I got a email from Mr. Porscheparent, about my back pad and he say's it was shipped with the other hundred parts that went out, so maybe I'll get it by Christmas or before New Years. Now if I get my 914-6 rear rotors from Mr. Cracker, this will be a good year. I hope everyone else gets they parts also. Merry Christmas to All. John santa_smiley.gif

I hope your right but so far he has told you the same thing he told Bill and I. We still don't have parts. dry.gif
zymurgist
Tangentially related:

I got an e-mail (not a PM) from a guy on Pelican asking if my 911 is still for sale. This person has exactly one post on Pelican. Makes me say "hmmmmm."
billh1963
QUOTE(zymurgist @ Dec 22 2011, 10:58 AM) *

Tangentially related:

I got an e-mail (not a PM) from a guy on Pelican asking if my 911 is still for sale. This person has exactly one post on Pelican. Makes me say "hmmmmm."

Posts from buyers don't concern me. They either have the money or they don't.
naro914
I'm not big on requiring people to have a minimum amount of listings before they can post a classified. I've forwarded a handful of people here to sell stuff that are not 'forum' type people. They just want to sell some stuff....

I agree with Buyer Beware. If you are uncomfortable with a low post count, don't buy from them or do yor homework.

BillH, just remember, John Forbes only started posting parts last year, and those were his first posts. He doesn't browse and post other things here....
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

Check Porscheparents orginal F/S post ,

1. Britt is a woman !

2. Said she inherited a bunch of parts from a " FRIEND" , claims to have sold

100's of parts. If that is true. ???? she bit off than she can chew!!!!

3. She posted last week after a lot of bitching and investigation on my and

others parts. She posted that all paid for parts would be shipped ( last Fri.

) but who knows. I will wait till Fri. if my console is not in my grubby hands by

then. Well I allready filled a claim with Pay Pal for them to get my money back

from her. That E-Mail is in my inbox now just waiting for me to excute it.

4. She also claimed to be sick! She lives in Pa. ( cold & flue There) / I know it

is here

I hope it is just a problem of her being overwhelmed ?????

Check back here Sat. for results, or sooner!

BarberDave Dave Kimple slap.gif
Dr Evil
Where in PA does she live? I can make a house call happy11.gif For medical reasons wink.gif
scotty b
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Dec 26 2011, 04:42 PM) *

Where in PA does she live? I can make a house call happy11.gif For medical reasons wink.gif

Wait till saturday while Zach and i are there too. All 3 of us looking menacing might get some action rolleyes.gif
BajaXJ92
QUOTE(scotty b @ Dec 27 2011, 11:13 AM) *

QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Dec 26 2011, 04:42 PM) *

Wait till saturday while Zach and i are there too. All 3 of us looking menacing might get some action rolleyes.gif

You're about as menacing as a parking cone. rolleyes.gif

Try wearing the wig, maybe then she'll give up the booty. biggrin.gif ......I'm talking about the parts. dry.gif
jeeperjohn56
Got my tracking numbers from Britt for UPS, Package in transit now and will arrive by Tuesday or Wednesday. Thank You Britt, John beerchug.gif
neyen14
QUOTE(neyen14 @ Dec 21 2011, 05:33 AM) *

QUOTE(jeeperjohn56 @ Dec 20 2011, 11:48 PM) *

You know where he is from? The guy who got me recently through ebay has at least 3 different names here on 914 World and at least 2 different ones on ebay... I found out later.

PA is where the guy who got me is from... idea.gif the same person?
jeeperjohn56
Brittney, Got my back pad yesterday, thanks for taking care of all the hassle you have taken from all of us. Thanks again John
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.