Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Any chicks... err... uhh "Women" here?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Qarl
Seems that there aren't too many women around.

I've seen reference to a "Jen" and her car, but I don't know of any posters that women.

Not that I'm complaining or being sexist or anything... but this is like hanging out in the garage with your buddies, shooting the sh*t, and having a brewski!

We talk about cars, and breasteses (edited), and drinking, and giving yourself a red mohawk...

sssshh... it's a secret.
ChrisReale
I think Jenny is the only resident hottie here. Unless somebody has a secret... :toilet:
Jenny
two other 914 fans out there with X chromosomes that I know of... Gwen and Carrie. Dunno if either are on this BBS. Good Gracious Ass Bodacious should know.

Jen
Brad Roberts
I know nothing.

B
Bruce Allert
Good answer!!!!! clap56.gif
bruce
Chris H.
Your avatar is killing me Bruce! LOL!
Jeroen
Hey Bruce,

Your avatar sure won't help attracting more women to this BBS biggrin.gif

cheers,

Jeroen
Jeff Krieger
Does the guy who likes 80's glam rock count? J/K. tongue.gif
need4speed
I know a lady at work who races 914's. I tried to talk her into joining up here.

Her husband races them too. smlove2.gif

(I can't even get my wife to learn to drive stick. She seems pretty skilled that way, but not while she's also steering. rolleyes.gif )
Bleyseng
My girlfriend, Monique, reads over my shoulder all the time mostly walking away in disgust when she sees the "bouncing boobs". Say we should all grow up...

When is Larissa going to post, Brad?? A cold day in hell?

Geoff
Brad Roberts
Lyressa..

She is in school full time and working full time. When she has a 914 question... she just pings me on the Nextel 2 way.

Rumor has it she will be gone for 5 months to Boston Ma. I'll live in the dyno cell.

B
Bleyseng
Is that Greek spelling for her name? way cool.
More like dyno hell if you ask me..
Geoff
Brad Roberts
I want to get started on some of the injection projects (dyno time)

We started production today on the next 1000 911 HE's..

B
Carl
The subject of avatars and language is a hot button for me. I appreciate humor as much as anyone but the value of this list is diminished by the words and images used here.

My daughter loves 914's but I can't encourage her to follow the list when her mother and I have tried to encourage self-respect. She's not naive but I don't see a reason for her to demean herself either.

I know that the plan for this site was to have no censorship and no moderator. For that, there will be a wider range of expression and that's OK. However, this list is about cars and the people who enjoy driving and working on them. It's not about strippers, race, and flipping each other off. It's up to us to be responsible for what gets posted here.

I think Monique has it right. We should grow up.

Carl
EdwardBlume
My wife likewise looks over my shoulder and gets a kick out of the lively chatting.

She likes to drive the 914 and is quicker than I am to point them out on the road.

What's the hype about the 80's glam rock?? Show some respect for the greatest music on earth!!!

Here's a pict of her driving the AX car. Also, my avatar is actually her.
Qarl
This post wasn't meant to be offensive. Sorry if I offended anyone.

It does seem that this has been more of a "boys club" lately. (Avatars, language, etc.). Not that I really mind some of the avatars, but as I said on another thread, I gotta keep a watch over my shoulder. Some are very entertaining. Don't know where you guys come up with that cr*p.

I like seeing women interested in 914s. Saw one cruising around town the other day.

I was stopped a few months ago at the drugstore when I pulled into the parking lot in my Boxster. This middle-aged woman asked me how I liked my car. She was just stepping out of her 993. Says she'd been driving Porsche's for the last 20 years or so. Said she started with a 914-6, had a 944, then an SC, and then the Turbo. Was thinking of a Boxster S as her next car. She was quite knowledgable on P-cars.

Met another woman at the Porsche shop last week. A college English professor, I believe. We started talking 914s. She had a 914-6 for 10 years in the 70's to early 80s. Knew more about them than I did. She drove away in her 3.6L to early 911 conversion. Schweet!

It would be neat to hear more from Jen. From what I read, she is just getting a 914? Or you all helped her find one....

Later "guys"

Karl
Bleyseng
Jenny had a sweet 914 that she had a slight accident in but it is toast. Brad found a good tub to transfer her nice parts to after painting the new tub. She was following a 914/6 3.6L in some spirited driving down a road.
Geoff
I don't mind the BS talk, hate the racial slurs, bigoted jokes and ignore the boobs. too much more would be too much though, no car content in boobs. Get enough of that in my junk mail.
Tony C
Often we are not allowed to have the freedom to post what we do here on other boards, but I think that we must police ourself a little, like that pic of the old women someone posted. Some of us younger kids would really like to have Carl bring Meredith to more events. cool.gif

-Tony C
rick 918-S
We as a group have done some wonderful things we can all feel good about. I'm not sure my wife would enjoy the humor or a few of the avatars lately. I find myself wondering what will pop up next. I have a rule for myself. I TRY not to do or say anything in public I wouldn't repeat in front of my mother. We don't have to walk around in our little alter boy robes we just need to think.
Carl
Often we are not allowed to have the freedom to post what we do here on other boards, but I think that we must police ourself a little, like that pic of the old women someone posted. Some of us younger kids would really like to have Carl bring Meredith to more events.  -Tony C

Tony,
I'd like to bring her to more events, too. There's a little problem that she's 18 and has her own life, pretty much.

I don't want to overdo the avatar and language thing but I'm hesitant to invite her to 914 events when there are posts to the list that degrade women. She's a neat kid. I want to share my interests and friends with her and I don't want to make excuses.

I like Rich's comment. We don't have to be choir boys, we just need to apply a little judgement.

Carl
Hawktel
With great freedom comes great Responsibility? NOOO! say its not so!!

Guys ladies, I'm a younger and uncouth. I admit it. Feel free to slap me down when I crowd your bounds. I prolly will crowd them.

I ran a quick quiz on a girl friend on what she thinks we need for more of the fairer sex to come by here. She sees cars as transportation, so she wasn't encouraging. Her suggestion of emphasizing the 914's Reliabilty, solid construction, smooth operation, wonderfull safty record. She also mentioned that we should spend more time on its fine fuel efficency, and ease of operation.

Slightly stunned I asked her if she'd ever rode/drove in a 914. She quickly popped back with a quick "no, cause you don't own one!" I'm unable to reply to that, so I got my revenge by leaving the Toilet seat up, and bailed for the computer.

So there you have it. We all need to lie about the car, and they will come.
Brad Roberts
Great story clap56.gif

B
URY914
I have to agree with Carl, somewhat. I don't need my seven year old daughter walking in while there are dancing hooters up on my screen. But, I personally don't have a problem with the langage and I don't think our topics get to far out in left field. I think you would really need to sit down and read in detail to find really ofensive postings.

The members here are not choir boys posting about maintaining our choir robes. We work on cars, we get our hands dirty and we have fun talking (posting) about it. But that being said, and a little self policeing is good in any forum.

(Boy, I just re-read that and I really sound all grown up)

Paul
dagdal1967
At the risk of exposing myself (ummm. Could have chosen a better phrase)..

Being a good red-blooded homosexual (playing to the stereo-type -> :sweet: ) , I can kind of see it from both sides.. Although the avatars do nothing for me personally, its not something that would drive me away! Its kinda like the Snap On Tools calandar you see in the local garage.. You'ld kind of wory if it WASNT there!

I don't think that its the avatars or the language that are keeping the girlies away... I think its level of interest.

If the girls wanted to know more about the cars than they ever thought possible and get more support than they could ever have hoped, then they would come and stay because of that..

They're not stupid.. They know what guys get up to....

Now, as for the younger set on the other hand.... That is a whole different kettle of fish to boil! wink.gif

Doug
Jeroen
About women and 914's...

A few years back, our 914 club had an exibition at an aircooled VW show
There were about 20 cars of various members on display there
One of the cars was an old '70 or '71 1.7 beater. It had rust, and, well, it just looked ugly.

Everyone was commenting the car. How bad it looked, how nasty the rust looked, how ugly the stock steel wheels were, how the interiour was worn etc. etc.

At the end of the 3 day show, it was time to move the cars out of the building, so all the owners showed up to collect their cars. This was in januari or februari, so most of them trailered their polished CW cars.

Execept the owner of the beater 914.
It turned out the owner was a SHE and she drove the car everyday.
Actually it was her only car!
All I could do is laugh at all the other guys and say RESPECT!!!

cheers,

Jeroen
Bleyseng
There was a woman at the SSI meet selling her red 70 914. She has had it along time and needs to sell it to raise money for her dive shop in Bali. Interesting woman...hoped to sell her car to someone that loves 914's. The car needed alot of work.

There is a woman who has a "perfect" silver 76 914. She bought it new and Autox's it at Bremerton alot. She is about 65 yrs old too, quite the woman racer! She lets me check out stuff on her car so I can see how the factory did it.
Geoff
Brad Roberts
Jerry Woods head honcho Rich Walton has a girlfriend who drives a 914 every day to and from work... and has for 10+ years.

She is always mad when she misses one of our drives..

B
Jeff Krieger
Don't ask, don't tell damn it!
Curvie Roadlover
QUOTE(rich 918-S @ Apr 30 2003, 08:29 PM)
We don't have to walk around in our little alter boy robes we just need to think.

Well put, Rich. I've seen message boards degrade into wastelands by too many people posting crap. And they probably started slowly with 1 or 2 off color posts and evolved into cyberdumps. I sure hope nothing like that happens here. Personally, I'd rather be moderated than have that happen.
bander
At my last Drivers Ed, I had a woman instructor. She has had her 914/6 for about 25 years.

As for the avatars, It was funny to see me scramble with my scroll wheel when an accounting woman walked in my office from behind me. I couldn't get Brad's (avatar of a) Patrotic crotch off my screen.
tryan
you better have a turbo something to catch my wife in the 914.

i have to slide the open window to the right to hide the table dance. it was making me go blind.

the old woman post made me want to join the priesthood. i looked once, but i will never be the same huh.gif
ThinAir
I'm glad to see there are others who feel as I do about the some of the avatars. Amen to Curvie Roadlover's last reply.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.