Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 9:14 Frühstück + 914 Fahrvergnugen
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
JeffBowlsby
Tell ‘em what that means Andy… biggrin.gif

Here is the skinny:

* Saturday August 28, 9:14am

* Eat breakfast on your own before this event. Bring a 914 and your own liquid refreshments…donuts provided, donations accepted.

* Meet at the Park and Ride at Camden Avenue and Highway 85 in San Jose.

* We will hang around until 10:am sharp, then we will run up and over Hicks Road and around the Three Reservoirs...and back. Maps provided.

* We return to the Park and Ride (if there are no incidents) about 11:30 am so you can be home for lunch.

laugh.gif cool.gif rolleyes.gif ohmy.gif biggrin.gif
JeffBowlsby
And here...
nebreitling
awesome. with the proper permissions, i plan on being there. let's keep this thread towards the top, people!

n
JeffBowlsby
Great Nathan...! I have a trophy for you too...if you show up...thats a good reason eh? rolleyes.gif
JeffBowlsby
I have a VERY cool update....

I have contacted three other local 914 LE owners and invited them to this 914 soire (say swah-ray biggrin.gif ) and it looks like we might have 3-4 LE cars attending this 'lil jaunt...including the original owner of a Creamsicle...

Can we get ~20 cars out on just a weeks notice?

cool.gif laugh.gif cool.gif ohmy.gif wink.gif biggrin.gif smile.gif
Trekkor
Hmmm...Veery interestinc, endeet.

KT
carreraguy
Count me in!
SLITS
Breakfast and a VW Commerical laugh.gif
Brad Roberts
I'll bring a 914 to drive.. I"m in.

B
SirAndy
Frühstück = Breakfast
Fahrvergnügen = The joy one gets out of driving a car ...

the latter is a synonym for driving a 914,
biggrin.gif Andy
peridotian
Hmmm, I am not sure that my car will be ready. I used to make that run on a motorcycle in the late 70's. It's a great run. Maybe a miracle will happen!
Brad Roberts
Crank and rods arrived Thursday. I hung them on the crank and was out of town Fri-Sun. The bottom end will be done today... it *might* run this week. Everything else is in order. Dont hold your breath.

B
Jenny
I'll come if I stop leaking tranny juice. Fat chance. <_<

Jen
red914
correct me if i am wrong, SirAndy, but a direct translation of Fruhstuck would be "early piece." one of the hazards of direct sord translations rather than translating the meaning (breakfast) is that you get an interesting 'double entendre.'

anyone interested in SirAndy starting a German language course on the site? Deutch sprechen ist sehr schwer, aber Deutch lessen und Deutch schreiben sind gut, ya?

(feel free to make corrections, please!)
SirAndy
QUOTE(red914 @ Aug 23 2004, 09:25 AM)
Deutch sprechen ist sehr schwer, aber Deutch lessen und Deutch schreiben sind gut, ya?
(feel free to make corrections, please!)

Früh = Early
Stück = Piece

Frühstück = Earlypiece laugh.gif

just like:

Break = Bruch
Fast = Schnell

Breakfast = Bruchschnell confused24.gif

you just can't translate that stuff that way.

"Deutsch zu sprechen ist sehr schwer, aber Deutsch zu lesen und Deutsch zu schreiben ist wesentlich einfacher, ja?"

biggrin.gif Andy
red914
ja, dann kann ich zehn mal lesen, und lese ich mein worterbuch auch!

(sad, i know)
GTeener
Booh! I'm not available this weekend to join in the fun. <_<
anthony
Will you guys boo me if I drive the 911? The 914 has a flat and needs two new front tires on top of that so it's out of commission until I can deal with it.
nebreitling
just don't run circles around us.
Demick
You guys are just a few days too early on this one. I won't make it. Good news is that about the time you are meeting I will be putting the engine back in the car. By the time you get back I should be breaking in the cam (and crossing my fingers).

Demick

Here's the freshly rebuilt engine ready to go back in!
morgan_harwell
We'll try to be there, that's right in our back yard! Was planning on spending the weekend backfilling a 510' PGE trench at the Log Cabin site. I'll see how much I can get done on it over the next few evenings. Between mega-overtime at work & working many weekends digging trench/laying conduit/etc, just had no time for "Fun Stuff".
--Moe--
plas76targa
Count me in. may have to bring the wifes Jag, I'll go last behind Anthony's 911
horizontally-opposed
Can I bring a 2005 Honda Accord coupe EX (or whatever) press car? chairfall.gif

BTW, man is this thing a turkey. Didn't think Honda could build a Pontiac Grand-Am coupe but they have. Now obvious why the Honda engineers avoided a V6 (American) Accord for so long. Shocking this barf.gif could come from the same company that builds the superb TSX. driving.gif

Will come mit 914 if possible, but I'd say pretty unlikely! sad.gif

pete
anthony
Bring what you got. The more the merrier.
mikey
Sir Andy,

Break = Bruch
Fast = Schnell

Breakfast = Bruchschnell

Actually, it's quite similar between English and German

Breakfast = das Fasten abbrechen
SirAndy
QUOTE(mikey @ Aug 24 2004, 11:39 PM)
Breakfast = das Fasten abbrechen

aha, never looked at it that way ...

breakfast = breaking (stopping) the fasting

that actually makes sense!
rolleyes.gif Andy
Carl
Hi Jeff,
Mer and I can't make it this time but we'll be thinking about you. Have fun & be safe.

driving.gif

C
SirAndy
icon_bump.gif ...
JeffBowlsby
Last call! See you tommorrow for twisty road grins!

biggrin.gif rolleyes.gif cool.gif rolleyes.gif laugh.gif biggrin.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(bowlsby @ Aug 27 2004, 02:07 PM)
Last call! See you tommorrow for twisty road grins!

gonna fix the tranny tonight, i *might* need some roadside assistance tomorrow ...

smash.gif Andy
Britain Smith
Does anyone have a map of the route?

-Britain
nebreitling
see you guys in the morning! icon_bump.gif
JeffBowlsby
Maps are ultra secret... wink.gif We doan wan those SoCal guys to boobytrap our route an spoil our fun ohmy.gif

They will be passed out at the meet site... biggrin.gif
bfrymire
QUOTE(bowlsby @ Aug 27 2004, 03:12 PM)
Maps are ultra secret... wink.gif We doan wan those SoCal guys to boobytrap our route an spoil our fun ohmy.gif

They will be passed out at the meet site... biggrin.gif

Have some pictures now, from the run...

no web page, just raw photos and some video. The video kind of sucks... All you can see is this 911....

biggrin.gif

http://www.etow.com/914_run_8_28

It's a raw directory, with the files.
SirAndy
too bad i couldn't make it ...

after we were done with jenny's car it was alreay past midnight, so i decided to take the car home.
which was a mistake ...

on the way home from the shop (~30 mile trip) i dumped pretty much *all* my tranny oil on the road,
actually, even worse, on the heat-exchangers and muffler!
i had a huge blue smoke cloud following me ...

it even oiled up the engine comp, came up the clutch and into the engine comp.

clutch is slipping really bad too ...

should have left the car at HPH.
headbang.gif Andy
JeffBowlsby
We were looking fer ya Andy...maybe next time. Great turnout, I hope everyone had fun. Heres a few from my camera...

914 CONGA LINE
JeffBowlsby
Sistahs...?
JeffBowlsby
Folks..
JeffBowlsby
Folks..
JeffBowlsby
Folks..
JeffBowlsby
The RobertsMobile chasing me all the way...I was workin'...he was relaxin'... biggrin.gif
Brad Roberts
You actually scared me several times... I thought to myself... DONT BRAKE THERE JEFF !!!

It was a good time. Very easy short 1.5 hour run through some cool scenery.

The number of cars was almost perfect. Not too many and not too little. Easy to manage and keep track of.

Sorry about your car Andy...I told you you could drive Benjamins car home instead.

What REALLY pissed me off was the fact that WE busted ASS on Jenny's car and she didnt even drive the event.. headbang.gif I'm over it now... wasnt real happy at the time.

B
SirAndy
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Aug 29 2004, 10:28 AM)
What REALLY pissed me off was the fact that WE busted ASS on Jenny's car and she didnt even drive the event.. headbang.gif

you're kidding, right?
WTF? confused24.gif

huh.gif Andy
Brad Roberts
Some BULLSH_T about the DOG. Lesson learned. Kinda made me feel like building a race car into the wee hours of the night to have the driver decide not to race the next day.

B
nebreitling
nice, easy drive. thanks again for planning it jeff!

jenny -- WTF? i had no idea you guys weren't driving the route until you pulled off! oh well, nice to see everyone.

sorry about the tranny, andy

p.s. brasshole/anthony: i WILL have an SC, someday, someday, someday...
JeffBowlsby
I thought to myself... DONT BRAKE THERE JEFF !!!

I love driving these cars....maybe I should LEARN to drive sometime... idea.gif
Brad Roberts
Braking in certain corners can make the ass end come around on you...

I'm just happy we live where we live...

B
anthony
A pretty good day except for some stinky 914s on overrun! biggrin.gif They even let me follow in my 911.
anthony
ultra man nathan
anthony
more
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.