Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOT - Fuchs 2L FS - seller on drugs?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Tom_T
Absolutely no affiliation to this seller,

.....but I point out that earlier this year I bought a set of 5 fully restored & polished by Al Reed from SoCalAndy (after his 5-lug conversion), including a perfect set of 16 of the proper fit aftermarket chromed lug bolts & 4 billet center caps. for $1000 IIRC.

So their expectation of $2500 or close to it is way out of line! unsure.gif

Be forewarned that, given a 2010 quote of $160 per wheel from Al to restore another set of 5 wheels I have (painted Phoenix Red of the Japan 914 LEs), including an added cost for paint/chromate primer removal & re-anodization & finished to factory appearance (not just polished). I typically see these Fuchs 2L wheels selling in the $100-150 per wheel range unrestored (sometimes less), so add $160+/- each for Al Reed's or Weideman's resto work, and you're only at $260 - $310 per wheel - or $1300 - $1550.

So this guy is looking for about a $1000 profit (or more if he did the polishing himself)! huh.gif

Here's the link FYI to anyone needing these, and maybe he'll take a more reasonable offer if they don't sell high enough to support his crack habit?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=220917819619

Ho Ho Ho! santa_smiley.gif
KELTY360
I spotted the problem right away....the seller thought they were for a Real Porsche! chair.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.