Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Now ready Early and late - Aluminum door trim
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mikey914
Did the die for these as most have been pretty buggerd up. Some look like a previous owner has taken a screwdriver to them. They are NLA OEM.
there are 2 styles the early and the late, they vary with the door cap ends.

Both styles will be availble, just want to see how many of each I would need to make to put these in production.

When these were available they listed at over $40 each. Just need ot see if there is enough interest to go into production. The hard work is done, I could have product ready in about 5 weeks. No need to pay for these until they are ready to ship, just need a count of early and lates if you are interested.
maxwelj
I'd be in for a set of earlys
Jack
strawman
Put me down for a pair of the late model pieces.
phillstek
I'll take an early set.

phil
Mikey914
I will be doing up a few sets with the die proving material over the holidays, so I could actually get out a coouple pairs for evaluation. I'll keep everyone posted here.
-Mark
MDG
In for 2 sets of late style
pilothyer
I am in for (2) sets of late.............Jerry
okieflyr
I'm in for a late set..
Aircooledfool
1 late set.
ConeDodger
In. Late!
montoya 73 2.0
Hey Mark, is that including shipping? Regardless, I would like two (2) sets of both Don't need till actual GB is shipping.
banger
I will take an early set
Mikey914
QUOTE(montoya 73 2.0 @ Dec 22 2011, 07:10 PM) *

Hey Mark, is that including shipping? Regardless, I would like two (2) sets of both Don't need till actual GB is shipping.

I didn't include shipping as the international stuff can add up. I will probably get some small tubes and mail with tracking when these are good to go. Should be less than 1lb.
I can figure this out next week, but should be about $6 domestic.
-Mark
montoya 73 2.0
thumb3d.gif your the man!
pdlightning
I will take a set of earlys. They will go good with the targa rubber!
rallysport70
I can't even find these in my pile of parts, but probably need a set. Late. Thx for all you do!!! beer3.gif
Gint
One early set for sure.
porbmw
Hey Mark

Hope you're not reading this tonight....
But please put me down for 2 early sets.
All the best, especially over the holidays.

Thanks
Paul
Niklas
Hi Mikey!

I am in for two early sets.
Can you include one window frame set ?

Merry christmas from Sweden!

Niklas
Grelber
One late set, please.
Mr.242
1 early please biggrin.gif
pyolet
One early set pls. Woody.
fastmover34
Put me down for a pair of early, maybe two pairs.
mrholland2
I'll take a set for my 73 (Is that late? Would be nice to understand that better)

SEan
Mikey914
QUOTE(mrholland2 @ Dec 29 2011, 06:05 PM) *

I'll take a set for my 73 (Is that late? Would be nice to understand that better)

SEan

Yours would be an early. the door caps at the back are the giveaway. Small -late, about 1" early
Mikey914
These will be ready in about 14 days.
mepstein
1 set early please - mark epstein
billh1963
2 late sets, please
brp986s
If this is the part I'm thinking of it was darn near impossible to insert the seal into the trim piece. It's like they need to made in an opened state so that the seal can be inserted and then pressed closed. Have you tried inserting a seal into your trim piece?
carr914
I'll take one Early & one Late

T.C.
blackmoon
I'll take a set for 1973, I think you identified as early
Hey Mark,

Put me down for 1 late pair.

Thanks...Ken
Rleog
One set early ('73). And we can square up for the gas tank sender gasket.

Thanks
OU8AVW
1 set of early ones please. Let me know if they will be coming, I need to remove the ones in there for paint pretty soon biggrin.gif
mharmon
I'll take a late set please
scoobykvn
Are there any of these available? I need one early set for my '70. Let me know how much shipped to 43206.
t collins
If not too late I'm in for a set of early
Thanks,
Mikey914
Your timing is good, I had thought I had this staged but didn't order in the billet I though did.

I have this staged to be extruded the week of the 27th. I hope to have it ready before WCR, if not when I get back.
-Mark
rgolia
I need one for an early door. My other door is a late door and it is fine.
effutuo101
1 set late please.
Mikey914
Lates are being processed now, the Earlys are next. they will be ready in about 3-4 days, I'm just awaiting a sample to assure that I have the dimmensions are correct.
Mikey914
Another
Mikey914
Other goodies
Mikey914
The early ones will be done this week, lates got done this weekend. Thanks to all of you that signed up for these. The processing of these takes more than I had planned. Those that had signed up will get the original price, those from here forward will get $32 a set. Sorry, but these a re a lot more time consuming than we thought.
-mark
Type 47
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ May 20 2012, 09:26 AM) *

The early ones will be done this week, lates got done this weekend. Thanks to all of you that signed up for these. The processing of these takes more than I had planned. Those that had signed up will get the original price, those from here forward will get $32 a set. Sorry, but these a re a lot more time consuming than we thought.
-mark

are these on your website? I need a bunch of stuff from your website too?
Mikey914
Not yet but they will be soon (late tomorrow), I can include with your order if you wnat to drop me a note when your order is complete (not paid for yet), I can add to the package.
-Mark
More pics tomorrow
Mikey914
These are done -
Everyone should have got a PM.
Mark
Eric_Shea
icon_bump.gif Godsend!!

I need a set of late pronto!!! biggrin.gif

The nature of the beast herein is the steel insert around the fuzzy mixed with the aluminum trim. Then add the elements and you get that aluminum and steel dissimilar metal corrosion.

Very cool product!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.