Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dual weber air filters
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
'73-914kid
Well, after 2 years of daily driving, my paper filters that came with my dual IDF kit have decided to fall apart. I really don't want to buy paper filters again from CB performance, and I'm looking for options.

What all have you guys used, what works and what doesn't? Mind you this is for a daily driver, so I'm not sure if an all foam setup like the ITG filters would be ideal...

And this is for a 4-banger
Thanks, Ethan
FourBlades
I am using the filstar foam filters from cbperformance.

They are oiled filters, are cheap, and do not fall apart and get sucked into your carbs. I had a lot of trouble with clogged idle jets until I started using these filters.

They also work with the metal carb tops, which makes them quieter.

I tried ITBs for a while. They are a super high quality product ($$$) but with their foam tops they are very loud.

John
Grelber
I've got K&N's, and like them a lot.
Elliot Cannon
K&N's for over 8 years.
JmuRiz
K&N on my old 914 engine and on my 356...best bang for the buck and easy enough to clean/re-oil.
Jake Raby
I have had issues with the K&N units starting to deteriorate from exposure to ethanol based fuels.. Reversion and fuel vapors coat the rubber with fuel and the ethanol content weakens the rubber.. Then the rubber is pulled into the air bleeds for the idle circuit and you end up with clogged idle jet symptoms.

Ensure that any filter that you source has been "multi-fuel" rated.
Woody
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Dec 22 2011, 04:05 PM) *

I have had issues with the K&N units starting to deteriorate from exposure to ethanol based fuels.. Reversion and fuel vapors coat the rubber with fuel and the ethanol content weakens the rubber.. Then the rubber is pulled into the air bleeds for the idle circuit and you end up with clogged idle jet symptoms.

Ensure that any filter that you source has been "multi-fuel" rated.

I've had the exact same problem. I covered the air bleeds with some Uni brand foam filter element and haven't had a problem since. I'm running Empi carbs.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.