Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT - Roller coasters are Summertime
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
cooltimes
It's the weekend so........

I was maintaining my web page ( http://members.rennlist.com/mikecool/ and was checking out some of my favorite links there to see if they still worked.
Anyhow:
One of those links is Roller Coasters and Amuzement parks. http://www.rcdb.com/

This drop in the linked photo grabbed me. Anyone done Goliath? or ...... better/worse?

http://www.rcdb.com/installationgallery615...5.htm?Picture=3
Mueller
the thought of most roller coasters make me want to icon8.gif barf.gif ...... just watching them can make me weak in the knees wacko.gif

about the only ride I can go on is the old wooden coaster at the Santa Cruz Boardwalk

what is strange is that I'd love to have a scale model of one....

this guy has some really neat ones

Brads Scale amusement rids
bondo
Highway 58 is my favorite rollercoaster around here driving.gif
charlesmac
At the beginning of the summer i took a trip to six flags in dallas. It was before most of the schools let out so there was hardly anybody there. Rode the mister freeze 7 times in a row, that was all my stomach could take, my cousin went 11 times. barf.gif The texas giant was also a good beat you up wooden coaster. And another, i forget the name at the moment, had one part that kept going round and round to the point that you would get tunnel vision from all the blood rushing out of your brain. Rode that one 6 times in a row. aktion035.gif Did i mention i love roller coasters?

charles
Scott Carlberg
QUOTE(cooltimes @ Aug 21 2004, 01:20 PM)
This drop in the linked photo grabbed me. Anyone done Goliath? or ...... better/worse?

http://www.rcdb.com/installationgallery615...5.htm?Picture=3

I have!!! boldblue.gif clap56.gif pray.gif

I love Goliath, it is a GREAT Roller Coaster, day or nite. Once you get to the bottom of the ride, it makes 3, tight right-hand circles (?) I've heard it described as a vortex sensation. The ride then straightens a bit, then makes a wicked left-hand turn.

again... truly a GREAT ride.

I almost went to Magic Mountain today, saturday 8/21, but my friends backed out.
Damn it, didn't make it to Laguna Seca for the POC event either.... headbang.gif
91Talon
By FAR the best roller coaster I have ever ridden is Millenium Force. Located at Cedar Point, OH. I still need to get back there and ride Top Fuel Dragster. Makes Mr Freeze look like a kiddy ride.

The BEST Park in North America beerchug.gif
balljoint
My favourites are the old wooden coasters, longer rides, no line-ups as they are no longer popular. I hate the new rides that you get a 45 second thrill on a short steel coaster, after a 1.5 HR wait in line. The "Mine Buster" is great, although the Paramount park that we have north of Toronto has a really fun 3-D Sponge-Bob Squarepants ride that I would line up for again.
porschefool
Colossus.
Back when I was a Hell-Bound Teenager,
my buddies and I would lean forward when they put the lap bar down, so you'd have plenty of room for "Air time". We got a little ..."altered" shall we say...and took it a little too far...we were basically hanging out the back of the train (ALWAYS get the last car, that's the Whip, Baby).
Halfway up the chain lift, the WHOLE thing comes to a stop...we're looking around like "What the hell?" and they security guy comes right up to our car, SHOVES the lap bar down, and stomps off...
I felt like a jerk, but in retrospect, I know now that I was THE MAN....

I love that coaster!
mueba.gif
Scott Carlberg
QUOTE(91Talon @ Aug 23 2004, 07:46 AM)
By FAR the best roller coaster I have ever ridden is Millenium Force. Located at Cedar Point, OH.

The BEST Park in North America beerchug.gif

Cedar Point: my 2005 vacation destination.

I'd like to plan an Ohio weekend, something like this:

Cedar Point on Saturday (roller coasters gallore) and either a
AMA Superbike or SportsCar race on Sunday at
Mid-Ohio.

Fly out Thurs nite or Fri morning, come back either Sun nite or Mon am. (blah blah blah) lol2.gif biggrin.gif
Mike D.
I use to work for the production company that did all those Roller Coaster Shows for Discovery Channel and I think that Ceader Point in Sandusky, OH. has to be one the best parks in the country.
However, most recently, I took a ride on X, the newest coaster at Magic Mountian. This is the one with the cars/seats out to the side. It spins the seats forwards and backwards while the coaster travels along the track. Most of the time you have no idea which way your actually traveling. IT WAS AWSOME...glad I didn't eat before that...Great ride.

-Mike D.
Joe Bob
The one on the State line between CA and Nevada on the way to Las Vegas....Whiskey Pete's.....it's wood and has this itty bitty hole on the bottom of a long downhill......the hole looks as bid ass a gnat's ass on the way down doing 80+.......you sink another 40 feet down into the building and then do the usual permutations.....what's good is that there is hardley EVER a line.

I went five times in one hour and even my 10 year kids...(usually wimps) dug it....couldn't get the 8 year old on.

I hate lines and rarely do amusement parks.
redshift
I may be the only club member with a personal rollercoaster.

heh

M
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(Mike D. @ Aug 23 2004, 02:02 PM)

However, most recently, I took a ride on X, the newest coaster at Magic Mountian. This is the one with the cars/seats out to the side. It spins the seats forwards and backwards while the coaster travels along the track. Most of the time you have no idea which way your actually traveling. IT WAS AWSOME...glad I didn't eat before that...Great ride.

-Mike D.

i agree,

take a ride on X and youu be like 'which way am i going?'

and mike z's stateline at buffalo bills. its a huge steel coaster
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.