Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cheap shipping with Greyhound
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Harpo
I recently sold a set of seats to Rick 918 S and FedEx wanted $140 to ship them to Duluth, MN. Greyhound charged me $67.05 and that included insurance. Rick got his seats in four days and claims they arrived in good condition.

Hope this helps

David
Richard Casto
QUOTE(Harpo @ Dec 22 2011, 06:07 PM) *

I recently sold a set of seats to Rick 918 S and FedEx wanted $140 to ship them to Duluth, MN. Greyhound charged me $67.05 and that included insurance. Rick got his seats in four days and claims they arrived in good condition.

Hope this helps

David

I use them for transmissions. It is a lower cost alternative. And while I have nothing but good experience so far, they are not a shipping company. You don't get all of the bells and whistles such as online tracking as you would get at FedEx.

It helps when you ship via them to see if they can figure a route that will result in as few of bus changes as possible. Each change requires someone at each station to unload/load whatever you are shipping. If you get a pretty direct route there is less chance of something going wrong.

Richard
mhuber45
Yeah , i bought and entire interior for one for one of my old Mercedes and it was in a giant box and shipping from upper MI was 78$ just make sure it is backed good and they do have a maximum weight now
JStroud
Just received a set of seats shipped greyhound from NY to California,they are cheaper, but be sure to package the items well, they are not kind to packages at all, my box was pretty mangled. Fortunately they were packed well and the only damage was two broken adjuster loops.

Happy shipping,
Jeff
sixaddict
piratenanner.gif
Me thinks you are a lucky man !
Have you ever seen the cast of characters that rolls off one of those things.....and thats after the driver gets off. biggrin.gif

QUOTE(jsconst @ Dec 28 2011, 07:25 PM) *

Just received a set of seats shipped greyhound from NY to California,they are cheaper, but be sure to package the items well, they are not kind to packages at all, my box was pretty mangled. Fortunately they were packed well and the only damage was two broken adjuster loops.

Happy shipping,
Jeff

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.