Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help, need a measurement from carbed 6 car
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Krieger
With stock throttle linkage. How far does your gas pedal travel from rest to wide open throttle? I'm making my own linkage. So far I have 2 1/4 travel at the pedal. Thanks
GeorgeRud
The pedal travel is dependent on that provided at the pedal board's adjustable stop. More importantly, you need to know how much that will translate to at the engine to achieve full throttle opening.

Most linkages are built to allow various throttle actuation (some may want a longer pedal travel than others). If you're trying to duplicate the factory system, you need quite a few small parts, and it may be easier to purchase the needed pieces from the vendors such as AA or Patrick Motorsports.

Are you using a crossbar linkage for a carbed -6, or do you have an injected engine? By measuring the distance needed to achieve a fully throttle, you can work the needed linkage measurements out.
Krieger
This is for a carbed 3 liter. The carbs are opening completely. I have 2.25" of pedal travel. I don't have a pedal stop yet. I am wondering what a car with stock linkage has in terms of pedal travel. I can adjust my $8 system.
Krieger
icon_bump.gif for help
rudedude
It appears my 914/6 has close to 3"
My 70 911S has a tad over 2"
Both to open throttle plates fully, I don't know why the difference,
don't have time to investigate, maybe be the fuel injection on the 911?
Krieger
Thanks! I am just trying to see if this will not be enough (2.25") in terms of pedal feel. Will that little amount of travel be too quick and lack the ability to be precise in terms of input by my foot?
IronHillRestorations
I'd go for as much pedal travel as possible, making sure that you get WOT (wide open throttle), with the pedal on the stop. You don't want the linkage at the carbs to be the stop.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.