Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Replying to topics on iPad
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GeorgeRud
When I try to reply to topics on my iPad, I often have the reply disappear after typing a line or two. I recently acquired the iPad, and am not sure if I'm hitting something on the touchscreen or is there something else going on. Anyone else have this trouble? It could just be my sloppy typing or fat fingers, but it doesn't happen on my laptop.
Steve
It does the same thing on my iPhone. I have to use fast reply.
underthetire
Yup. I can get it to somewhat work, but not great.
OmaPossu
QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ Dec 23 2011, 11:06 PM) *

When I try to reply to topics on my iPad, I often have the reply disappear after typing a line or two. I recently acquired the iPad, and am not sure if I'm hitting something on the touchscreen or is there something else going on. Anyone else have this trouble? It could just be my sloppy typing or fat fingers, but it doesn't happen on my laptop.

Just the same!
scotty
IPB Image

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

...must be an iOS feature (works fine on my Droid)
Michael N
QUOTE(underthetire @ Dec 23 2011, 01:49 PM) *

Yup. I can get it to somewhat work, but not great.

Same here. One line response then post before it all disappears.
Eric_Shea
Never had any problems with my iPud but I tend to use the quick reply only.
sixaddict
See other thread ,,,,,,, it covers solution

QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ Dec 23 2011, 01:06 PM) *

Rob-O
QUOTE(sixaddict @ Dec 24 2011, 11:13 AM) *

See other thread ,,,,,,, it covers solution

QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ Dec 23 2011, 01:06 PM) *

I think that this occurs when you have 'expanded' the screen. If you leave it the size that is native to the iPad, you should be fine. By the way, I typed this on my iPad, no issues...
JRust
I tried replying to a PM with my Ipad 2. I'd get one sentence or 2 before it would just kick out of it alltogether confused24.gif . Never had that problem replying to posts idea.gif . Figured it was just a glitch with mine?
naro914
Never had a problem on the iPad - which I'm using for this -but do on my iPhone. The issue usually is that the page is refreshing. If its not completely loaded when you start typing, it messes things up and "refreshes"....

Or, it's just you.. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.