Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Grease options
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
70-914nut
Im changing all of the bearings in my car and would like to know what is the best brand and type of grease to use.
yeahmag
Clean grease... ;-)
dlestep
QUOTE(70-914nut @ Dec 23 2011, 05:56 PM) *

Im changing all of the bearings in my car and would like to know what is the best brand and type of grease to use.

...are you in the Coast Guard ?

windforfun
av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif
mrbubblehead
i use bel-ray grease....never had a problem.
jcd914
I am a fan of Swepco 101 moli grease. Been using it pretty much every where, wheel bearings, CV joints, etc.... for 20 + years

Jim

And yea, I use Swepco gear oil in my trans too.
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

I have no idea! But I would think we could use modern tecknowledge (sp)

and use a synthetc grease. all properties of syn. oil would come to play here ?

Just a Ques. and Idea. Dave slap.gif
70-914nut
nope not in the coast guard. retired navy, desert storm, bosnia and iraqi freedom vet. Why? Anyway i was going with swepco just wanted some more opinions. Thanks
70-914nut
where can i get it locally? nc or va
dlestep
QUOTE(70-914nut @ Dec 24 2011, 07:22 PM) *

nope not in the coast guard. retired navy, desert storm, bosnia and iraqi freedom vet. Why? Anyway i was going with swepco just wanted some more opinions. Thanks

I worked on an Avionics Trainer for the CG at Eliz City, was just asking...
(...myself... USARMY; USAF; Vietnam Era Vet; Dept of the Navy at China Lake;
...attached to the 3rd Marine Air Wing, al Asad, Iraq...Bagram, Afg...OIF & OEF 2004.)
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(70-914nut @ Dec 24 2011, 07:47 PM) *

where can i get it locally? nc or va

If you need a local source, you're going to be limited to a good synthetic grease. I've been happy with Royal Purple's new grease, and Mobil-1's before that.

Swepco's 101 is also excellent, and one of two products I could consider in CV service (my preference is LubroMoly's CV grease...).

Buy Swepco 101 from Pelican, it'll be delivered to your doorstep. That's pretty local...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.