Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who's got a great M.I.L.?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bruce Allert
MIL= Mother-In-Law
She bought a 914 when they had been out 2 or 3 years. Made my wife learn to drive on it!
Just found out she's been reading the posts about Korijo (Dave) then did a donation.
She just called to say she ordered a special custom blahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblah (can't say or it'll ruin the surprise for Dave if he reads this!)
So I think she's the greatest.
Right on Mom-two.
Her name is Jerrie Kane and here's to ya beerchug.gif
luv ya,
bruce
P.s. How's your MIL's stack up?
Zeke
She wouldn't know a P-car if it ran her over. Hell, she has never had a driver's license! Too late now. My own mother the same way, but she did drive. As long as it could carry groceries and golf clubs, was American and new or nearly new, she was set. :sweet:

Actually, I've had two MIL's. The other (first one) didn't drive either. Both from the deep South. They couldn't drive a car but they sure could make a mean pie. :cursor:
EdwardBlume
My MIL drives a red 993.

Last AX she came out and wanted a ride in the 914 AX car. I took her out and drove like normal. After it was over she was having a great time.

Same experience with my FIL: quiet and wanted out of the car. He drives a Corvette (when it starts).

ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif
campbellcj
My MIL is a real sweetie but fairly "loopy" and terrifying to drive with. Neither my folks or hers are "car people" so I really have no idea where I picked up this affliction. The in-laws taste leans towards land yachts (Caddy's & Lincoln/Mercs) and my folks have had a long stretch of Toyota cars & 4x4's. Go figure.
Jeroen
I've got the best inlaws in the world!
Haven't seen 'em for over ten years biggrin.gif

cheers,

Jeroen
need4speed
My MIL is of the type who feels "neglected" if hubby don't buy her a new car every 3 years.

The latest attrocity:
One of those Chevy Tahoe half pickup half SUV things. She said she liked the convenience of the bed for grocery shopping.

So tell me, exactly how many groceries does a retired couple buy?

And how much ground clearance does one need on the freeways of Scottsdale Arizona?

The worst bit:
It's got a 20 gal gasoline tank, and a 5 gal propane tank, and she got a huge tax credit for owning an "alternative fuel vehicle". The beast gets about 13 miles per gallon.

The actual worst bit:
This "truck's" color is white.

God bless America. God bless Freedom. flag.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.