Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Next Project
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JoeSharpOld
I like the end results of the blue car so much that I've been thinking of my next one. cool.gif Sooo, I'm going to post a picture of the sad creature now. unsure.gif,
I must be HIGH. smoke.gif
Joe
echocanyons
at least its a six ohmy.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(echocanyons @ Aug 22 2004, 01:12 PM)
is it a six at least?

914/6 oil tank on the trunk, note the ignition switch and turnstalk by the lleft of the wheel...
echocanyons
I see now! I changed my first post after I looked the pic over better
i love porsche
yay for saving the six!! smilie_pokal.gif
JoeSharpOld
YEEP, Thanks and I'll try to post more on this one instead of lurking biggrin.gif
Joe
ArtechnikA
would love to know the VIN on that car ...
JoeSharpOld
I don't have right here, But I think I put on this sit info when I singed up
Joe
seanery
is this it?
JoeSharpOld
Yep dat be da one, Thanks seanery. Thats twice today you have helped me out. I owe you a beer. beer.gif
Joe
Lou W
Tell us the story on this one, where you found it, cost, etc. etc. this is great boldblue.gif
JoeSharpOld
I AM EMBERASSED. I paid way to much for the numbers, I paid what the asking price was. I prolly could build that car out of parts ( except motor and trany) that were here. Sooo, now I'll spend $20,000.00 on this rusty platform. confused24.gif
Joe
Lou W
It's still worth it, didn't mean to put you on the spot on price, I just think that would be a tough one to price, I wouldn't know where to go with it (pricing) Where did you find ? what kind of history does it have? are you gonna keep it stock? I'd love to find something like that clap56.gif
JoeSharpOld
No prob Lou. I paid 6k but after I had the car I figured it was worth 3 or 4.
I bought it with some money my mom had left me biggrin.gif Thanks mom.
Joe
Lou W
I'm sure you can make that up with doing some of the work yourself, aprts you can buy here, etc. I still think it will be worth it monkeydance.gif
JoeSharpOld
Lou: I do all the work, I have the engin and trany. But I was thinking about taking it to Los Ponchos for the body work and interior. It sitting in my backyard rusting is not a good deal.
Joe
vortrex
yup, I think you were high paying $6k for it.
McMark
That doesn't look too bad. Wish I was doing the work. Looks like fun. biggrin.gif A fender and a rear clip and you're in business. Not too over the top.
Lou W
agree.gif It can be fixed. Los Ponchos is that the body shop in Mexico that did the work on "The Blond"? If it is, I'm sure it will look great, great prices too, looks like Dr. Evil (He hangs out here too) does good interior work too. type.gif
type47
well, at least you don't have to worry about cutting stock fenders to put GT flares on!
save the -6 aktion035.gif
Allan
Do it DUDE. Bring that baby back to life. With what you've got it will be fun to watch it come together. Post progress pics! boldblue.gif
mikey
Good luck on your project! Save that 6er! Your estimate of 20K is probably close to what I'll have in my 914-6 by the time I'm done.

Where are you located in CA? I have some contacts that might be useful to you in your restoration.

Good luck and have fun!
smash.gif welder.gif then driving.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.