Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: '76 2.0
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Allan
Just took my car out for a spirited drive around some of the back roads!! What a hoot! I was able to get up to 100 without much effort but was wondering if anyone knows how fast a stock 2.0 will go? boldblue.gif
DrifterJay
190MPH biggrin.gif
DrifterJay
115-120 I believe... wink.gif
rhodyguy
hate to pop your bubble. unless you are running stock 165 tires your speedo is off. mine was about 12% high with 195/60. i went through a number of those "YOUR SPEED IS..." devices the chp places along the roads on the trip to campbell. flat out on the 5 my car pretty much ran out of steam at 5300rpm. i was not paying much attention to the speedo anyway driving.gif

kevin
Allan
I am currently running 205/50/16 tires. And according to the tire size calculator I am running about 5.2 pct faster. My speedo indicated 107-110 so I kind of figured that in. I'm just wondering how fast these things will go. boldblue.gif
SLITS
Stock rolling diameter tires (205/65/15) - 121 MPH indicated - Not sure if it was a true number, but I was ahead of everyone else and goin' awaaaaaaaaay! biggrin.gif

Blew the engine (dropped valve seat) three weeks later. sad.gif
vortrex
100 mph without much effort in a stock late model 2.0? were you coming down the rocky mountains or something??
Allan
Nope, flat road, wide open space. boldblue.gif
I'd say around 110 or so, The fastest that I venture is around 90 or so but it's still pulling hard at that speed
red914
the dropped valve seat post is why i don't push it very hard. this weekend i did over 600 miles, most of that cruising at 74 or so. and that was gauged by my gps, as my speedo was reading 80.
TROJANMAN
114 mph stock 75 2.0 (when it was running)
Targa
The CHP was pretty adamant that I was going 115. He started with "Do you want to guess at how fast you were going... Do you want to guess again?" That was followed with "Does your Speedo go that high?" When he shined his flashlight on the speedo and noticed the 150 he then proceeded to write me a ticket. BTW 205/60/15's and the top and windows down. I had to end up thanking him... he put down 75.
redshift
With stock tires, I have been 127 with a 2.0, said 138.

So, 138.

smile.gif

M
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.