Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: I need a quad
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
stevend
Im looking for a quad so I can ride around at the track. I either need some suggestions on where to go or if some one needs to sell one. Im willing to spend up to $1500. I need one that has 2 racks on it and have about 400cc. i would like it to have 4 wheel drive but if it doesnt thats ok.

steve driving.gif
Jake Raby
Man, Buy an older Honda.. I have an old 125 that has had the hell beat out of it since 1987, and it is literally indestructible! I have flipped it, rolled it, held it wide ass open for 5 miles on the highway, and it will not blow... 5 years ago the engine locked up because the oil filter got completely clogged from no oil changes... It ;locked the cam completely... I pulled the cam and removed the bearings, polished them and put it back together... Now I ride it all over my property still and through the creek almost submerged and it still won't die!
Thorshammer
Actually,

Even though Jakes personal quad has been through hell and back, and has kept going, You will find the LT300 Suzuki king quad to be exactly what you are looking for and in your price range, and you just can;t kill those things. They have been made for well over 14 years with production stopping two years ago.

300 CC, 4 wd, independent rear suspension, twin racks ( bigest in class a few years ago) and low and high range for pulling, usually can be had for 1500-2000 the higher number for a better condition. Only thing to look for, when servicing the quad don't put the oil filter in backwards (it's a cartridge style). If you do the oil cooler will immediately start leaking. This is all I have ever seen a King Quad have as a failure.

Erik Madsen ASMC
d914
thanx for the help guys. next i need some places that i could look on the web. Shuld i go to a online site or go to a private seller?

Stevend driving.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.