2nd pic
ChrisFoley
3rd pic
redshift
Oh my..

That is more water than needed.

M
physician
since i'm sure he got insurance, i said why not?? it's just a turbo... laugh.gif happy11.gif

by the way, i'm not laughing at someone else bad luck, just the fact!

like the C-gt that got rear end rolleyes.gif
seanery
Where is this?
And how many cars did it kill?
Lou W
That is so sad. sad.gif
nynone4
Conrad -

LOL - So was I!!! The company I work for is doing all the video for the new U505 exhibit. Ought to be very cool when it's done!

Were these pics of the car taken on Sanibel Island recently? blink.gif
ChrisFoley
This BMW and some POS american car were the only others I saw in the deep water. Only the american car was driven away. The two German cars probably had electrical damage in addition to the interior being soaked, and they were flat bedded out without trying to start them.
nynone4
oops! Double Post
ChrisFoley
My car got its feet wet.
Aaron Cox
prolly the wrong time...but Chris. those are some awesome flars man smilie_pokal.gif
Lou W
Where did this happen? It looks like you're at a race track. Is this from a heavy rain storm? No chance to put the cars in the trailers?
ChrisFoley
The owner of the 911 watched the water rise and didn't lift a finger. I think he is used to others doing everything for him. barf.gif
To be fair though, it rained so hard for a couple of hours that few people ventured out from under cover.
What was real funny was when the alarm went off like the car was crying for help. When the battery was almost dead it sounded like it was drowning, lol.
Lou W
Glad to see your car was safe dry, you'd think if a person was going to spend and own a car like that, you'd notice if your sitting in some low lands. Tha's funny about the alarm laugh.gif Did you get a chance to see his interior? Im sure he had to open the door to move out of the water. unsure.gif
physician
rolleyes.gif at least his windows were closed rolleyes.gif
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(Lou W @ Aug 22 2004, 10:42 PM)
Did you get a chance to see his interior?

Yeah. There was a lot of water inside. He actually started trying to bail it out with a paper cup. Then someone told him not to bother because the car was already ruined.
BTW, none of the people in the photos is the owner.

Here's one more pic taken after the water had receded a bit. It had reached right up to the garage doors but only went inside when a truck drove through, making a wake.
The water was nearly 2 feet deep in the middle of this driveway.
Carrera916
Chris...

isn't that the Watkins Glen track?....the suroundings look somewhat fimilar...

glad your teener wasn't swimming out there..

j
Verruckt
QUOTE(Lou W @ Aug 22 2004, 06:42 PM)
Did you get a chance to see his interior? Im sure he had to open the door to move out of the water. unsure.gif

Risky Business! U-boat captain. unsure.gif
Lou W
I remember seeing I think it was a VW Beetle floating down a river on tv, no wait it was a movie, The Love Bug? laugh.gif
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(Carrera916 @ Aug 22 2004, 11:03 PM)
isn't that the Watkins Glen track?

Nope.
Despite the pictures I had a really good weekend of racing, but you'll have to wait for the full story. wink.gif
redshift
UP PERISCOPE! DAMN THE TORPEDOS!! FULL SPEED AHEAD!

AYE!

I am out of sub stuff.

M
markb
QUOTE(Conrad @ Aug 22 2004, 06:07 PM)
Lol! I was expecting to see this.

Me too!
neo914-6
Risky Business! U-boat captain

That's what I thought of, and then Rebecca and the hookerfest to pay for the repairs... laugh.gif
Racer Chris, are those HPH flares?
GWN7
Remember the movie "Blues Brothers"? The part where the country band is chasing Jake & Elwood and they go off the road into a lake in the motor home....well I did that in my Pace Arrow huh.gif
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(Jaiderenegadesimpson V8 914 @ Aug 23 2004, 12:58 AM)
Racer Chris, are those HPH flares?

I made the flares. You can see them on my web site here
I custom make them on the customer's car & haven't gotten to the stage where I can ship sets for someone else to install.
Evill Ed
QUOTE(Carrera916 @ Aug 22 2004, 07:03 PM)
Chris...

isn't that the Watkins Glen track?....the suroundings look somewhat fimilar...

glad your teener wasn't swimming out there..

j

No, that looks like Pocono to me. If that was this Saturday, I can believe the flooding. I'm in NJ and it rained like Mutha F@#ker here.

That's too bad about those cars.
Ed
dflesburg
I would think for $120k the silly car would deploy air bags from the rockers to prevent flood damage. But then it could float away.
Brett W
ED you have to change your avatar, you don't have your baby anymore. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Evill Ed
QUOTE(Brett W @ Aug 23 2004, 05:27 AM)
ED you have to change your avatar, you don't have your baby anymore. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Don't remind me unsure.gif

I'm gonna build a track 914 for myself soon.
It's funny how it takes "not" having something to make you realize how much you really "did" like it.

Ed
Eric_Shea
I'm gonna build a track 914 for myself soon.

Told Ya So! laugh.gif
Joe Ricard
Two words. "jack Stands". Oh wait, only us 914 owners know about them. laugh.gif Glad to see some Porsche owners have the good sense given them to get the cars OUT of the rain and low spots.
red914
i had heard that the new porsches were water cooled, but i didn't understand what that meant...
balljoint
Wow, when I spent $120,000.00 on new cushions for the lawn furniture, my wife made me swear to bring them in even if the skies hinted at rain. If that were my car, I would be in a lot of trouble with the old lady. wacko.gif
Evill Ed
QUOTE(balljoint @ Aug 23 2004, 10:53 AM)
Wow, when I spent $120,000.00 on new cushions for the lawn furniture, my wife made me swear to bring them in even if the skies hinted at rain. If that were my car, I would be in a lot of trouble with the old lady. wacko.gif

You spent how much for lawn furniture cushion???

Ed
balljoint
cool_shades.gif

Great deal at Wal-Mart. I think they were on sale.
fiid
Another 911 owner decides that watercooled is the way to go :-)
mack914
No, just another high end guy, with no sense to come out of the rain.....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.