Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Like a bat out of hell...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rusty
I'm coming home... will be back in 6-8 weeks. I can't express enough gratitude to you guys... thank you for the personal support and for the avalanche of care packages for my troops.

Oh, the most important thing... All my soldiers are safe and sound, no thanks to our jerk-off battalion HQ.

( ohmy.gif Did I say that last part out loud? happy11.gif )

-Rusty
Camp Arifjan, Kuwait
Joe Ricard
SO where will you be residing when You return. Being of Military background I know locations of residence cange more often that people change skivies.
JWest
Great news! Thanks for the time you gave up for the U.S.A. smilie_pokal.gif

What are you going to powdercoat first when you get home?
Jeroen
Excellent news!!!
JerryP
Glad to hear it Lawrence! Thanks for all you've done.
rhodyguy
and looking at your location i see you're in kuwait. out of the shit hole. i bet you can't wait to get back to the world. are you going to take some leave time and do some driving.gif ? have you started your short timers calendar yet?

kevin
Howard
smilie_pokal.gif

Sure I speak for everyone here. Don't try to buy your own drinks when you're in my neck of the woods. beerchug.gif
seanery
Hey,

if you get to the states, you NEED to come to the Fall Foliage Classic.
Seriously, we'd love to have you here.

I'm serious. Oct 22-24. really.
tat2dphreak
Great news Rusty!!!
Chris H.
AWESOME news my man. Thanks for your service. Hope to see you at the Fall Foliage run.
McMark
Looks like we'd better start planning the Vegas run!!!! Welcome home!
HarveyH
Just because you're short, don't get stupid... w00t.gif
Be carefull out there.

Glad to hear you're scheduled to rotate out. boldblue.gif

Harvey
soloracer
Sounds great Lawrence. I'm sure there are a lot of people at home who can't wait to see you return. beerchug.gif

I'm heading to Montana this weekend for a family going away picnic for one of my relatives. He just got his papers telling him that he is headed to northern Iraq. The whole family is in shock at the moment because he's 55 and in the National Gaurd. He's been in the National Gaurd forever and nobody thought he would be sent overseas to pack a gun at his age. He already served 12 years in the Navy on a missile submarine so nobody can say he hasn't put in his time. His papers said he is gone for 535 days with the possibility of an extension for another 140. His military pay isn't going to be near what he gets at his regular job either so his wife and family are trying to figure out what to do. Maybe it's just me but taking 2 years of family life from a man in his last 20 years of life is a lot different that taking 2 years from a man in his first 20 years. It's a damn shame when Bush and the boys find it necessary to send nearly retired national gaurdsmen overseas to do their dirty work for them.

Anyway, I'm glad you're coming home Lawrence and wish you godspeed.
SirAndy
now that's good news on a monday morning! smilie_pokal.gif

boldblue.gif Andy
Allan
Thanks for all you and your troops have done!! Welcome home! smilie_pokal.gif
Jenny
agree.gif

We're all super stoked to have you coming back. You should go on a 2 year sabatical and visit all of us. smile.gif Oh, and spend some time with Pam while you're at it. biggrin.gif

clap56.gif boldblue.gif clap56.gif boldblue.gif clap56.gif boldblue.gif clap56.gif boldblue.gif clap56.gif boldblue.gif clap56.gif boldblue.gif clap56.gif boldblue.gif

Jen
porschefool
Thank you for your service.
Be careful out there! clap56.gif clap56.gif clap56.gif
curtis
I agree with andy 1000%!!!!! clap56.gif boldblue.gif beerchug.gif : rocking nana.gif mueba.gif
GWN7
Great news smilie_pokal.gif

If you make it to the FFC I'll be bringing beer....

beerchug.gif beer.gif beerchug.gif beer.gif beerchug.gif beer.gif
Engman
Fantastic news! Now you really have to put up with all our s%^%. Maybe we can get you to come out of retirement too!

beerchug.gif boldblue.gif mueba.gif

Mark
scottb
great news rusty......

but now i have the meatloaf song stuck in my head due to your tag line....

(insert guitar paying smiley)

i'm gonna hit the highway like a battering ram on a silver black phantom bike

when the metal is hot and the engine is hungry and we're all about to see the light

nothin' ever grows in this rotten old hole

and everything is stunted and lost

and nothin' really rocks

and nothin' really rolls

and nothin's ever worth the cost!!

monkeydance.gif
Levi
Very Cool!!! I'm also happy to see your now in Kuwait... clap56.gif

On a personal note Our son Chad is also coming home from Iraq in 2 weeks...
Jenny
QUOTE(scottb @ Aug 23 2004, 11:48 AM)
great news rusty......

but now i the meatloaf song stuck in my head due to your tag line....

me too! Not a bad song to have stuck in your head for a monday morning! aktion035.gif

Like a bat out of hell I'll be gone when the morning comes.... biggrin.gif

Jen
Andyrew
Alright!! Glad your coming back! Everyone else summed it up pretty good.

Thanks for serving your country!

beerchug.gif
GTeener
Thanks for reprizent'n man! flag.gif
GTeener
I mean, thanks for reprizent'n! flag.gif
Lou W
Great news, don't forget to bring home that Yellow Porsche that you were sitting in flag.gif
VegasRacer
Ditto to all the above.

We'll leave a light on for ya. flag.gif
Rusty
Sorry for not responding sooner. I have to use an internet cafe at $5/hr. It's going to be so good to be home. I actually had a full night of sleep last night... and I feel like a king. smile.gif

-Rusty smoke.gif

Thanks for reprizent'n man!

Very cool! biggrin.gif

Very Cool!!! I'm also happy to see your now in Kuwait...  

On a personal note Our son Chad is also coming home from Iraq in 2 weeks...

Glad to hear it! Sorry I couldn't hook up with his unit... I tried. sad.gif

Maybe we can get you to come out of retirement too!

We'll see, Mark. That may happen in the future... but only after talking with BrAndy. boldblue.gif

if you get to the states, you NEED to come to the Fall Foliage Classic.
Seriously, we'd love to have you here.

I'm serious. Oct 22-24. really.

IF? IF?? Hey, baby... I'm coming home. wink.gif

If you make it to the FFC I'll be bringing beer....

Sean, Bruce... it all depends on when I get back, and if I can find a place to live. Got a household to set up, ya know. smile.gif Oh, and I need to do some work on Elwood, too. smash.gif

SO where will you be residing when You return?

Coming back to Kansas. I'll be there at least 6 months before they can deploy me again.

are you going to take some leave time and do some driving.gif ? have you started your short timers calendar yet?

Kevin, I'm going to take some leave, yes. How much and exactly when all depends on when I get out of here. I need to look into some night classes when I get back. I'm 35 and haven't finished my degree... I've got to get my @ss in gear for when I retire and need a real job.

I'm heading to Montana this weekend for a family going away picnic for one of my relatives.  {snip} It's a damn shame when Bush and the boys find it necessary to send nearly retired national gaurdsmen overseas to do their dirty work for them.

Anyway, I'm glad you're coming home Lawrence and wish you godspeed.

thank you. The operative word there is *nearly* retired. Several of the NCOs in my unit had their retirements postponed indefinately for this deployment. I'm pleased to hear that your friend is getting the opportunity to do what he's been training for his whole adult life. We need NCOs and officers with maturity to mentor, train and care for younger troops. Deployment is tough on everyone, regardless of branch or component of service - but imagine playing NFL your whole career and never getting to go to the SuperBowl. How horrible would that feel at the end?

I'll write more when I can... I'm excited to come home. smile.gif

-Rusty smoke.gif
red914
if you find your way out west, please let us know. i believe many of us would like to buy you dinner and a couple beers.

nice analogy, by the way, with the NFL.
seanery
Hey man, I bought you a copy of Excellence that has the West Coast Classic story in it. Will it get to you before you leave?
Do you want me to send it or wait til you're back?
kafermeister
Excellent news Lawrence. Have a safe trip back.

R
Rusty
QUOTE(seanery @ Aug 24 2004, 07:19 PM)
Hey man, I bought you a copy of Excellence that has the West Coast Classic story in it. Will it get to you before you leave?
Do you want me to send it or wait til you're back?

Wow... thanks, Sean.

I'm hoping I won't be here long enough for mail to reach me... so maybe I can grab it if I can make the Foliage run. driving.gif

-Rusty smoke.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.