Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WOOHOO! Across the state and back...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
red914
first, let me apologize for not having any pictures. that said, let me say that 914s are super fun! i drove on saturday morning from Poulsbo, took the Bainbridge Island ferry to Seattle, then crossed the state. I went to visit a friend in Coeur d'Alene, who is in town from China. haven't seen him in two years, have known each other for about 36 years.

i got to meet Levi and his wife Michelle (forgive any misspellings, Levi) at the Good Guys auto show in Spokane! I got to finally buy Levi the beer i owe him and we talked about, believe it or not, cars. specifically 914s. go figure. He is a great guy, and has a gorgeous '66 Chevelle. beerchug.gif (Levi, keep the 2.0 liter!)

stopped at the Barnes and Noble in the Spokane Valley to pick up the October Excellence (they were out near my house), then on to Cd'A. Sunday morning, in the rain, drove to St. Maries to see my grandmother and anunt and uncle. hiway 3 is windy, up and down, and a hoot to drive. then, turning my bow west, i headed home. driving.gif

Observations:

driving with the top off is a blast. and Kevin, i used sunscreen, but not enough! cool_shades.gif

my 914 really likes high speed cruising compared to around town. aktion035.gif (mileage in the low 30s compared to the low 20s)

people almost always look and smile (except the tail dragger on the I-90 floating bridge that i passed last night while trying to make a ferry) cool.gif

it is always worth it to meet up with an old friend. drunk.gif

thanks to you all for sharing with me the knowledge and confidence to drive and sort of maintain this car. oh, and for indulging me in a longwinded report with no pictures!
McMark
Sounds like a blast! Nothing like driving these cars. Now if I could just stop creating projects for awhile I could actually drive mine!
dinomium
Glad to hear you made it out and back with no troubles! Sounds like a whirlwind tour
cool.gif
red914
i tell you, dino, that little type IV just hums after a while! it will sound even better with those little dual webers, right? and be more responsive? and they will make me more handsome, right?

ok, that last one is just a dream.
Levi
Shane,
You asked me if there where any import cars at the car show?? well I found 2...air cooled no less here they are.
Thanks again for the Bud Light.... beerchug.gif
Levi
the other one
red914
ooo... i like that squareback. just needs a ski rack on it now! laugh.gif

you are welcome, regarding the beer. it was great to meet you and your wife. sorry that your niece, from your avatar pictures, couldn't make it. sad.gif
Levi
How many time do I have to tell you? thats not me neice She is my Girl friend.... laugh.gif
beerchug.gif

How do you like this woody????
red914
at least i didn't call her your daughter! still, i'm sorry i didn't get to meet her.

the woody is nice; i think it would make a fine tow vehicle for your soon-to-be 2.0 liter autocross racer!
Levi
QUOTE(red914 @ Aug 23 2004, 08:03 AM)

beerchug.gif (Levi, keep the 2.0 liter!)

We everyone tell me Which one would you keep????

This one???
Levi
Or this one???
red914
it is not clear that the '57 is a wagon. that might make a difference. and i still say it is not either/or; you can have both, and get rid of parts cars, etc.
Levi
QUOTE(red914 @ Aug 23 2004, 11:30 AM)
it is not clear that the '57 is a wagon. that might make a difference. and i still say it is not either/or; you can have both, and get rid of parts cars, etc.

Here is another pic....
Well I'd like to keep em all, but if push comes to shove.....I'm pretty sure the 57 will win...
Levi
The interior is nearly perfect....
red914
three words: Porsche support vehicle.
Levi
Ok you convinced me...now you need to start a "help Levi Keep em" fund.... laugh.gif
beerchug.gif
SpecialK
Okay Levi, you've got me all "f"ed up huh.gif

I thought that the '55 - '57 Chevy wagons considered Nomads, and that all Nomads were 2 door.
Levi
QUOTE(Special_K @ Aug 23 2004, 06:19 PM)
Okay Levi, you've got me all "f"ed up huh.gif

I thought that the '55 - '57 Chevy wagons considered Nomads, and that all Nomads were 2 door.

Kevin,
In 55, 56 & 57 Chevrolet built a 2 door, 4 door & a Nomad Wagon.
They actually also built a 58 Nomad wagon in both a 2 door and 4 door.
This car is a real nice 57 4 door 6 pass. wagon. with a 78 350, 350 TH trans, PS, and front power disc brakes....I want It..... wub.gif
laugh.gif
beerchug.gif
SpecialK
Thanks for straightening me out on that! wink.gif

Definitely a sweet looking '57, don't believe I've ever seen a 4 door wagon.

We had a descent size car show here in Pacific, MO about month ago. Had 400 or so entrants, with all kinds of nice specimens. Next year there'll be a Porsche 914 in the ranks beer.gif. Assuming I can get off my dead ass and finish it. smash.gif
red914
"Porsche support vehicle." strong enough to pull a trailer, lots o' room for parts.

still not as much fun to drive across the state in as a teener. maybe the chevy would look good in guards red?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.