Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Question for the 914-6 experts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
pete000
I replaced the bulb on the back of the heater-ventilation controller on the right today. The bulb lights up when the fan is engaged.

Question is on the left there seems to be a bulb socket, but no bulb or evidence of there ever being one on the left. Did the early 914's have a bulb on the left?

DEC
You has the early one like the European version

The German version doesn't have a bulb behind the red
sign also no bulbs behind the arrows
pcar916
Also, just in case you don't know it yet, the forum below is specifically for this kind originality question.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showforum=44
partwerks
Try and bulb in there and see if it works?
6freak
QUOTE(pete000 @ Dec 27 2011, 12:48 AM) *

I replaced the bulb on the back of the heater-ventilation controller on the right today. The bulb lights up when the fan is engaged.

Question is on the left there seems to be a bulb socket, but no bulb or evidence of there ever being one on the left. Did the early 914's have a bulb on the left?

Only the right side lamp works on mine as well confused24.gif 1970 U.S model
tradisrad
Yeah, one would think that there would be a bulb there to show when the heater fan in on. So I put one in. I took the power from the blue side and used the heater lever as the ground; the light only goes on when the fan is on (the lever is the ground for the fan). I've posted this before, but here is the pic again. Also, I believe that the arrows glow in the dark.
Click to view attachment
sixnotfour
There is nothing to trigger Heat On in a -6 wiring.
tradisrad
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Dec 27 2011, 07:31 AM) *

There is nothing to trigger Heat On in a -6 wiring.

Does the 6 have a fan and use the same/similar lever as the 4? The 4 did not have the wiring; I had to run my own.
pete000
This forum is great, instant answers to even the smallest detail !

Thanks guys !

beerchug.gif
Cairo94507
That light mod is on my list of things to do during the rebuild.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.