Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Starting really rough, like its flooded or plugs r fouled
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DRPHIL914
My first thought is that i have a leaking injector, because it acts as if it is flooded and only wants to fire on 2 or 3 cylinders, like it is missing, but i dont think it is , because it seems to burn out or clear out , then runs fine. this is only if it sits for a few days. If its an hour , or 8 hours, not so much but if it sits overnight , then yes. - so like a leaky injector is flooding out one cylinder,

so do i have to pull the injectors, put them in someting and turn ignition to engage the fuel pump to presurize the line- any other thoughts

oh, yea-- this is a 75 d-jet 2.0 that had new injectors (rebuilt i think) from FIC 2 years ago, , new bowlsby FI harness- all connections good. hotspark unit with all new sensors a few months ago.- i've been driving almost daily except for weekends for the past 5 months or so, and other than trying to get a MPS that is correct- i've been running a little rich due to that - perfect idle, tps board was replaced back this summer when i replaced all the wiring, hoses seals etc. too.

thanks for the input

phil
TheCabinetmaker
open the throttle and check for fuel in the plenum(stuck cold start valve). Might be time to clean and lube the trigger points, or maybe that mps finally died and its full rich. Still, It could be a stuck or leaky injector too. Faulty CHT is another possibility.
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(vsg914 @ Dec 27 2011, 02:51 PM) *

open the throttle and check for fuel in the plenum(stuck cold start valve). Might be time to clean and lube the trigger points, or maybe that mps finally died and its full rich. Still, It could be a stuck or leaky injector too. Faulty CHT is another possibility.

Well, I actually looked at each of these items. The mps is fine. The cht was not testing with having the correct values I found on anders site, tested my new in bow one, it did, so the CHT has been replaced.
Next I checked the injector triggers, seemed a little dirty and oily, so I popped in a brand new set I had, and it has started sharp last 3 mornings, with no rough running like before. I do have 2the slightly leaking injectors, - the brand new ones just came today from Otto's. So those will go in Saturday.
But right now, I know I had several things going on. Bad cht, with new one in I am not running near as rich, and the injection points were fouled. After getting all that done I reset the timing, and re set the idle, since with the new cht, this has changed. When cold the idle is faster than before, but settles down and idles out nicely when warm, to about 900.
Really happy with how its running now.

Thanks for the help
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.