Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: She's running again!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SirAndy
my car that is.
put the tank back in, jumped the fuel-pump and let the fuel circulate for 10 minutes and checked for leaks. hooked the battery back up, filled the fuse-panel with new fueses, made sure i had no short-circuits anywhere, hooked up the needed vacum lines and turned the key.

after sitting for over a year, the engine fired right up, idled fine and reved up ok. didn't have the muffler on, so it was a bit loud rolleyes.gif

no apparent leaks anywhere, now i have to change the oil and adjust the valves.
one step closer to have her back on the road!

driving.gif wub.gif
Gint
Cool Andy. beerchug.gif
Brad Roberts
Your lying.

Nobody gets their completely stripped car back from the body shop and has it running in less than 3 weeks after working on it only 2-3 days a week.

Oh.. wait. I turned the key... maybe they DO !! ha ha

Pedal assembly and shift linkage will be next.. so we can bust it up and down the street without doors and decklids...

B
SirAndy
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Apr 30 2003, 09:53 PM)
Oh.. wait. I turned the key... maybe they DO !! ha ha

Pedal assembly and shift linkage will be next.. so we can bust it up and down the street without doors and decklids...

thanks for your help B., couldn't have done it without ya ... pray.gif
Brad Roberts
Its fun seeing progress.

I'm not really helping you... just "guiding" you. You know the path.. I just have to shine the light on it every once in a while so you can see your feet in front of you while walking the path to 914 driver.

B
MarkV
It's a fool’s paradise. Time to wake-up & smell the coffee.

Sorry, I'm Bored. bs.gif
krk
Congrats Andy!

It was cool to see the car on the weekend. It will be much cooler to see it back on it's feet!

mueba.gif

kim.
Bleyseng
Take a 30 sec movie of it with your digital camera so we can see and hear it dude. Way to go, that car was really looking nice after paint.
Geoff
Brad Roberts
Yeah.. good idea Geoff..

Take a short video (OUT OF FOCUS) Andy...LOL :finger2:

B
ChrisReale
Way to go Andy! I was so excited when I started up my 914 for the first time....no muffler huh? I did that once for shits and giggles, lasted about 5 seconds before I could no longer tolerate it. Looked in the Apt. building behind my garage, and there were like 30 old people looking out, trying to figure out where the Harley Davidson biker gang was!
SirAndy
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ May 1 2003, 11:53 AM)
Take a short video (OUT OF FOCUS) Andy...LOL :finger2:

you little .... fighting19.gif

hehe, ok, will make a movie. it's going to be my favorite car movie rolleyes.gif
JWest
Make sure you get some video of your FOOT in there! biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.