Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel Pressure Gauge
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rhodes71/914
Would like to get a gauge to check the pressure on my '71 1.7 D-jet. Tried the parts stores around here and what they have is more than I need.

Don't want to spend a bunch, just want something simple.

Any suggestions?
porschefool
Had to spring for mine at Schuck's, $34 or something like that. It came with a bunch of crap I didn't need, but oh well. Better than the NAPA one at $50 something!
BTW, it worked great. I suppose I could have found one cheaper online, but on a Saturday, I'm always in a hurry.. I hate to order and wait around! beer.gif
ChrisReale
Im looking to get one and install it in the engine compartment and let it stay there so I can peep the preassure when I want to. I think Dave darling has a set up like this, maybe he will chime in...
mike_the_man
All I did was go to the local farm supply store, and bought a cheap pressure gauge for around $8 and a few small hose clamps. It goes up to 50psi, I think. I just unhooked the cold start injector, stuck the gauge and the end of the hose, and hose clamped it on. Works great for testing fuel pressure, and cheap. Andcheap is good, means more money for beer!
nebreitling
QUOTE(ChrisReale @ Aug 23 2004, 01:17 PM)
Im looking to get one and install it in the engine compartment and let it stay there so I can peep the preassure when I want to. I think Dave darling has a set up like this, maybe he will chime in...

i've got one rigged up in the engine compartment permanently. got it off of summitracing.com (forgot how much it cost, but it wasn't too much).
porschefool
No need to tear out the cold start injector..there is a pressure test nipple on the fuel rail on the driver's side. The nut is 7mm. Clamp down the gauge and leave it forever, if you want..just make sure the gauge doesn't slam around in there!
Also, be prepared for squirtage when you disconnect...assuming the system hold pressure, that is. beer.gif
Cap'n Krusty
2 litre D-jet cars use that fitting to supply the cold start valve. The Cap'n
SLITS
Any effin pressure guage will work, however the accuracy is in question. I used the one off the cheap 12V airpumps initially. The found a used oil pressure guage in some crap. Finally acquired a SW Manifold Pressure Guage at an auction ($5.00).

And I use the cold start injector line - don't need the cold start anyway.

Ok, so I am a cheap bastard smilie_pokal.gif
StratPlayer
VDO pressure gauge, mounted in engine compartment. $45.00 with brass adapter.
DJet 2.0
Rhodes71/914
All I did was go to the local farm supply store, and bought a cheap pressure gauge for around $8 and a few small hose clamps.

This is why this board is so great. Ace Hardware had a gauge for less than $10. Already had some extra fuel line and hose clamps, worked great.
Demick
QUOTE(Rhodes71/914 @ Aug 26 2004, 12:42 PM)
This is why this board is so great. Ace Hardware had a gauge for less than $10. Already had some extra fuel line and hose clamps, worked great.

I did the same. But since it isn't intended for fuel, I am not comfortable leaving it hooked up full time. I only use it to check or adjust the fuel pressure and then disconnect it. If it fails, fine - I just don't want it to fail when I'm driving.

Demick
Rhodes71/914
I did the same. But since it isn't intended for fuel, I am not comfortable leaving it hooked up full time. I only use it to check or adjust the fuel pressure and then disconnect it. If it fails, fine - I just don't want it to fail when I'm driving.

EXACTLY!!
PorscheTom
I just ordered a VDO unit from Wolfgang Intl since they're local to me. 32.00 + less than a 1.00 for the fitting with a barb connector on one end. I hooked it up to the cold start valve outlet on the driver side fuel rail. I do need to find some way to support it though...

Have yet to start it since that was when my engine cover hinge decided to break on me... headbang.gif
ChrisReale
Anybody have a part # for this gauge?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.