Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Just a friendly observation
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TurbOH Brad
If this is against the rules, please let me know and I'll gladly take it down. I don't want to get banned, I like it here! I also don't want to be labeled as a spAAmmer. piratenanner.gif

I was rolling around the internet looking for these, and it seems like nobody has them this inexpensive. (29.50? Each? Really?)

The parts in question are the late rear window caps. You know, the ones that are ALWAYS broken and missing. (Before you ask, I don't know why the right is more expensive than the left, it just is).

Nobody else has them for less than 12 bucks each, and nobody else has pictures of them.
jaxdream
Not close to a Porsche Pet , is the part #s for early or late ??? There is a difference.
Yes those do have an attractive price though.

Jack
76-914
I think Mikey914 already makes these
casey944
Brad, looks good, do you have a picture of them installed?
TurbOH Brad
QUOTE(76-914 @ Dec 28 2011, 10:30 AM) *

I think Mikey914 already makes these

That he does, and Mikey's are good quality. Evidently Porsche has started making them again, because we just had a customer order the set in pictures last month. These are genuine Porsche parts, not reproductions, and they come in Porsche packaging.
TurbOH Brad
QUOTE(jaxdream @ Dec 28 2011, 10:20 AM) *

Not close to a Porsche Pet , is the part #s for early or late ??? There is a difference.
Yes those do have an attractive price though.

Jack

According to PET, these don't fit a 914-6, meaning they are late. That would be 73-76 IIRC.
TurbOH Brad
QUOTE(casey944 @ Dec 28 2011, 10:50 AM) *

Brad, looks good, do you have a picture of them installed?

No, unfortunately I don't have a 914 handy to install them on. They install with a single screw at the back of the door where the window meets the targa bar. Very easy installation, and pleasant results.
SLITS
I bought a couple of each ... They are for late cars ... ya know, the ones with the good window mechanism.

Early cars are different.

GWN7 (Bruce Napier) made some a couple of years ago.

Don't know anyone that makes them for the early cars with the funky VW cable window lift.

As soon as I get them, I will install them on two cars. I'll let you know if Porsche blew the remake.
TurbOH Brad
I know someone that reproduces the early ones, but the quality is well below par. We'll leave it at that.
casey944
what defines early and late? Year?vin?
Steve
73 and later have the newer doors.
type47
PET 804-10 I believe early is 70-72 and late is 73->. PET doesn't indicate year but does show it's for 1.7, 1.8, 2.0 so that's 73 1.7 and 74-75 1.8
VaccaRabite
Brad, if you are advertising parts from your new shop, please put them in the classified or member vendor forums. If they are not from where you work you should be in the clear.

When in doubt be transparent.

Zach
Cap'n Krusty
If he's gonna be transparent, does that mean he has to wrap himself in bandages so we can tell where he is?

The Cap'n
BajaXJ92
QUOTE(TurbOH Brad @ Dec 28 2011, 08:09 AM) *

I also don't want to be labeled as a spAAmmer. piratenanner.gif

QUOTE(TurbOH Brad @ Dec 28 2011, 11:33 AM) *

I know someone that reproduces the early ones, but the quality is well below par. We'll leave it at that.

biggrin.gif

IPB Image
TurbOH Brad
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Dec 28 2011, 12:34 PM) *

Brad, if you are advertising parts from your new shop, please put them in the classified or member vendor forums. If they are not from where you work you should be in the clear.

When in doubt be transparent.

Zach

I didn't really mean it as an advertisement, but it kinda came off that way. Sorry about that.

It was more meant to be a commentary about the state of the 914 parts supply community. You've got a guy (who shall remain nameless), purposely inflating the price of the OEM supply piece in order to entice people to purchase his crappy reproductions (I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT MIKE! Mikes repros are great, nearly OE equal. I am referring to someone else.)

And even the companies that do offer them are selling them much much higher than they should be.

In order to provide a fair and unbiased view, I will also post other's links.

Pelican Parts - 10.75 each

AA - 47.50 for a set of repros

914rubber.com 26 dollars for a set of Repros

To be even more fair, It looks like Mikey has started reproducing the early ones also!
SLITS
QUOTE(type47 @ Dec 28 2011, 08:44 AM) *

PET 804-10 I believe early is 70-72 and late is 73->. PET doesn't indicate year but does show it's for 1.7, 1.8, 2.0 so that's 73 1.7 and 74-75 1.8

As I remember, there was a change in mid '72 ..... the doors, popularly called "light weight racing doors" had the better window winders but not the side impact bar so they would take the "later" end caps.
TurbOH Brad
I checked on your orders today (not that I told you to order anything... or provided any form of marketing or advertising on this forum, as that's against the roolz.) Those who ordered them, please know that the 91454217310 left side is only stocked at PCG in DE. Porsche says we will be getting them, but they are coming across the pond on a slow boat.

Just wanting to inform of any delay, and your orders will be held for all parts unless otherwise instructed (Hmmm. That's a pleasant change for me.)

Thanks for the orders! Now back to our regularly scheduled posting.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.