Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What are early frozen dual bleed rear calipers worth?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Steve
What are frozen early dual bleed rear calipers worth? I have a set laying around and i dont know what to do with them.
TurbOH Brad
QUOTE(Steve @ Dec 28 2011, 10:32 AM) *

What are frozen early dual bleed rear calipers worth? I have a set laying around and i dont know what to do with them.

Rebuild em. The rebuild kits are cheap, and it's something you should know how to do. Then, I'd keep them for spares, or sell them for a profit.
Steve
Thanks for the reply. I have Boxster brakes on my car now. But it might make sense to rebuild them and sell them.
dlestep

|..................about this much........................|
TurbOH Brad
QUOTE(dlestep @ Dec 28 2011, 11:20 AM) *

|..................about this much........................|

$Texas
SLITS
In the core market, they are worth about $20 each IF ......

1.) No broken bleeders

That said, I would pay $10 each + shipping for our stock.

What someone is willing to pay on the open market ... well, pick a price and see what happens.

If you rebuild them, check Eric Shea's article on how to rebuild them correctly as if you don't do them correctly they will leak. It is not a matter of just replacing the piston seals. If they are missing the adjusters, you will be running into some money to replace them.
Steve
QUOTE(SLITS @ Dec 28 2011, 08:27 AM) *

In the core market, they are worth about $20 each IF ......

1.) No broken bleeders

That said, I would pay $10 each + shipping for our stock.

What someone is willing to pay on the open market ... well, pick a price and see what happens.

If you rebuild them, check Eric Shea's article on how to rebuild them correctly as if you don't do them correctly they will leak. It is not a matter of just replacing the piston seals. If they are missing the adjusters, you will be running into some money to replace them.

Thanks Ron!! They are complete. Maybe I will give them to my kids for a project.
idea.gif
Or I will just bring them with other crap to the next G&R
ConeDodger
When I come across them, I pack 'em up and send them to Eric Shea. For all the free advice he gives, he should get some free cores now and then... biggrin.gif

And no, I am not kidding.
SLITS
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Dec 28 2011, 10:49 AM) *

When I come across them, I pack 'em up and send them to Eric Shea. For all the free advice he gives, he should get some free cores now and then... biggrin.gif

And no, I am not kidding.

agree.gif

Moroni Boy has to many wives to feed and needs all the help he can get!

I hope Vanessa is reading this ... av-943.gif
infraredcalvin
Hey, you're really close, I could use a pair if you're selling cheap. Pm me with your price.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.