Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Front Shock Insert Question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bulitt
Replacing OEM with 5 lug 911 front stuff. Have two 911 bilstein inserts so, can I use them or keep 914 specific inserts?
Thanks
dflesburg
we need more info: please define "5 lug 911 front stuff"
TurbOH Brad
Should be able to use them. They will definitley work if you are changing the front spindles.
bulitt
Putting on 911 front hub, rotors, calipers with 911 struts. All other stuff (control arms, steering, torsion bars etc. remain the same).
The question I have is- can I use the 911 bilstein strut inserts or are they valved/designed too differently to be effectively used on my 914? Is the 911 a heavier front end? lighter?
Hope I explained it better...
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(bulitt @ Dec 28 2011, 03:07 PM) *

Putting on 911 front hub, rotors, calipers with 911 struts.
The question I have is- can I use the 911 bilstein strut inserts or are they valved/designed too differently to be effectively used on my 914? Is the 911 a heavier front end? lighter?

A 911 is _a little_ heavier in front but the valving will be 'close enough' for a street car, especially if you like a lot of damping.

But there is no _the_ 911 stut.
If you are saying the 911 struts came with Bilstein inserts and you just want to use those, you'll be fine. Try 'em, see if you like them. (There are also several flavors of Bilstein, from 'HD' to 'Sport' to 'Rallye (Race)'. If you don't like them, and you have Boge struts, you can try something else. If you have Bilstein struts, you're stuck with Bilstein - not that that's a bad thing, IMO...
MikeSpraggi
What year 911 "stuff" are you going to use?
bulitt
The struts, hubs, rotors, 3" calipers are off a 74 911. The inserts are off a 1971 911T which fit fine. B6 model inserts.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.