Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Graveyard-Could we add to the forums?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
KL6024
I have read several/many posts especially recently of crashed, totaled, parted-out and rusted away 914s. In many cases they hold many fond memories for the owner(s).

Idea: It would be great to have 1 spot where we could post the pictures of our deceased/long departed 914s to help us through the grieving process, and maybe add some new emoticons (flowers to place next to the pictures for example). I think we can make it funny too. While I have been able to find pictures of the "deceased", they are scattered in posts and under the VIN registry. If someone already suggested this than I am just writing to endorse the idea!

Thanks for the group's consideration!
SirAndy
QUOTE(KL6024 @ Dec 28 2011, 06:01 PM) *

I have read several/many posts especially recently of crashed, totaled, parted-out and rusted away 914s. In many cases they hold many fond memories for the owner(s).

Idea: It would be great to have 1 spot where we could post the pictures of our deceased/long departed 914s to help us through the grieving process, and maybe add some new emoticons (flowers to place next to the pictures for example). I think we can make it funny too. While I have been able to find pictures of the "deceased", they are scattered in posts and under the VIN registry. If someone already suggested this than I am just writing to endorse the idea!

Thanks for the group's consideration!

There are a couple of individual threads. Not sure how well it would go over with the members if we had an area devoted to our dead cars?
confused24.gif

PS: welcome.png
hot_shoe914
I like the idea........and

welcome.png welcome.png welcome.png welcome.png welcome.png
infraredcalvin
Could be inspiring to some that think their 914 has it bad... On the other hand could cause them to give up on the old girl too.

Regardless I like it too.
shoguneagle
The idea seems to be a good one, especially if you are like me - total rebuild of 914 chassis from the "junk yard". On this side this would give me a centralized place to find a large group of parts.

On the other side, I do not know how other 914 owners would view seeing the 914 cars wrecked in a large group. I think Andy has a valid point for consideration.

Another area could be the individual or small parts listing found in the "Parts Section". I do have a lot of fun locating parts in my builds and I would not like anything influence the parts listings. We could have the wrecked cars (Sorry, Cars Being Parted Out) as a listing under the Paarts Section.

I do not like a special part of our cars being wrecked and pictured as a group. If we all used search and had a common heading then each person can locate these cars according o their interest. I am into restoring and having parts source to accomplish this end.

Very good suggestion fpr a tjread/

Welcome aboard.

Steve Hurt
PBC914
Could we give it a try for 6 months and see what the response is? It completes the spectrum of information on the site, from factory pictures where the car is being built, to the 80's, 90's and now, to those that either had rust issues beyond repair, to those that saved the occupants even though the car was totaled.

I don't think it's negative, I think it's a great way to remember the cars that we can no longer work on, that had memories for us, and to share the memories with other (oh jees, there I go again...tears...).

It doesn't have to be so serious, as much as just a spot to post the pics.

Antique Automobile is full of rusted bodies rotting away in some North Dakota field. At least we would be paying respect to them or just saying "Man I wish I had been the original owner who insisted that the brand new 914 couldn't leave the dealership until the battery was relocated to a dry spot in the car, and had Ziebart applied".

Thanks for the input-let's give it a shot!!!
Lennies914
I have a recent one to post, maybe a before and after shot sad.gif
mrholland2
QUOTE(Lennies914 @ Dec 28 2011, 09:37 PM) *

I have a recent one to post, maybe a before and after shot sad.gif

I think just the "living" picture, like they do in obituaries. I don't want to see the dead pics, too sad.
SGB
My DL indicates I am an organ doner (donar??), and it might (maybe) make folks feel better to know they contributed to something good. I think if my parts helped someone else stay alive, it would make my family happy.
mrholland2
QUOTE(SGB @ Dec 29 2011, 08:29 AM) *

My DL indicates I am an organ doner (donar??), and it might (maybe) make folks feel better to know they contributed to something good. I think if my parts helped someone else stay alive, it would make my family happy.

If I got a liver from an organ donor, I don't think I'd want to see the dead picture of the person. I'd rather see the person leaning against his/her recently waxed 914, getting ready to drive the twisties. driving.gif
SGB
Valid point. Maybe just a list....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.