Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Avatar
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Elliot_Cannon
OK, so I finally figure out how ot post a pic for my avatar and it worked. Then I tried to change it and it didn't work. Now I tried to post the old one back again and that doesn't work. I followed all the instructions, sized it right, get a message saying it is updating and then nothing appears. I think I'll go work on my car. I'll still be frustrated but I'll at least get something done.
Cheers, Elliot
Andyrew
try clearing your cookies?

Oops, you bwoke it. wink.gif
Jeroen
no need to clean your cookies

Just press the "refresh" button of your browser (or F5)
(the old image is cached instead of reloaded)

cheers,

Jeroen
Elliot_Cannon
Clearing your cookies. Is that anything like tossing your cookies? Because I know how to do that. How do you clear your cookies?
cheers, Elliot
Andyrew
For IE (internet explorer) go into tools, then internet options, then clear cookies...

But... Refresh works to.. biggrin.gif
Allan
Go to your start menu and click browse then double click on the "C" drive. Scroll down to "Windows" and scroll down to "Cookies". Select that and run your "find now". Start deleting. Good luck! cool.gif
Allan
Sorry, first click on find then do the rest. headbang.gif
SirAndy
no need for cookie clearing ...

like jeroen said, the old image is cached by your browser, all you need to do is tell your browser that you don't want the cached pic and kindly ask him to download the new pic.

to do so:

hold down the CTRL-key and while holding it down click on the "refresh" button with your mouse (ususally the symbol with the 2 green arrows) ...

wink.gif Andy
Elliot_Cannon
Thanks for the help, but none of it worked.
cheers, Elliot
SirAndy
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Aug 23 2004, 10:17 PM)
Thanks for the help, but none of it worked.

ok, post the pic here that you were trying to use for your avatar ...
Elliot_Cannon
I'd post the pic but I don't know how to do that iether. I'm somewhat of a computer moron. The scary thing is the new airplane I fly is almost totally controlled by a Flight Management COMPUTER. I'm screwed. Not really. It has a big OFF button. Thanks again for the help Andy but it ain't that important.
Cheers, Elliot
Jeroen
Go to the very top of the page
Click on "FAQ"

You'll find tutorials on how to .... there
It's even got pictures for those who can't read biggrin.gif

If you still have trouble after reading that, feel free to post some more
We'll help you out....

cheers,

Jeroen
seanery
Eliott, just so you know, we see an interior shot as your avatar. That's the old one, right?
Elliot_Cannon
Yes, my avatar was an interior shot. How come you can see it and I can't?
cheers, Elliot
seanery
IPB Image

Can you see it here
Elliot_Cannon
I can see it there and obviously the picture is in there somewhere. I just can't seem to get it to appear as my avatar. At least not on this computer. I've followed the directions on the FAQ but I must be missing something.
Cheers, Elliot
seanery
You've done it correctly. You probably have a corrupt cookie. It happens.

when you are on a page that should show your avatar push at the same time.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.