Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Brake fluid
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
qa1142
Getting ready to flush the system. What dot 4 do you use? Why?
type47
if you use ATE blue and gold, you can tell when the old fluid is out of a line because it changes color. you show periodically change fluid.
Brad Roberts
All our customer cars get Castrol GTLMA and the race cars get Motul or the racing Castrol.

B
ChrisFoley
I use Motorcraft Dot 3. It has the same dry boiling point as the expensive stuff and only costs about $3.75 a bottle.
roundboy914
I have always run Super Blue. Brad, what do you think of this type of brake fluid?
TimT
That Castrol Syn-whatever is good......

in any event if you "maintain" your brakes, ie burp the fluid, or move some fresh brake fluid through your brake system , more than your average user you'll do fine..
Brad Roberts
We dont put the Super Blue in our personal cars, but I have nothing against it. We sell it to people who ask for it.

The new Castrol stuff (Not the GTMLA) has blown ALL the other brake fluids out of the water when it comes to WET and DRY boiling points.. nothing else even comes close (for now)

B
VegasRacer
When I first started racing my car I still had the stock brakes.
My driving style is very hard on brakes and I could boil the Motul.
When I switched to the Castrol that never happened.
Now I have bigger brakes and still use the Castrol.
My motto is "Don't brake until you see God". w00t.gif
The Castrol has never let me down.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.