Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engine Adjustment
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JawjaPorsche
I have 73 1.7 engine that had green injectors installed incorrectly several years ago.
The green injectors are for a 1.8 or 2.0. The green injectors also spray too much fuel.

After I replace the green with the correct yellow injectors, is there any engine adjustments I need to do?

Thank you so much in advance for your response and help.
TheCabinetmaker
Maybe the 1.7 has been modified? 1911?
JawjaPorsche
No, the engine has not been modified. I am the original owner and I did not know the incorrect injectors where installed when I had a major tuneup 15 years ago! I assume they couldn't find yellow ones and replaced them with green ones? I don't know. I do know my gas mileage is not like it used to be!

QUOTE(vsg914 @ Dec 29 2011, 08:12 AM) *

Maybe the 1.7 has been modified? 1911?

TheCabinetmaker
Ok. I really can't think of anything that should have to be adjusted diferently. The timing, and dwell is the same. You might wanna make sure all the other FI components are compatable to a 1.7. If he changed injectors, he might have changed something else too.
sean_v8_914
I just went thru this with a customer's car. she said her MPG was crummy. tail pipe was sooty. swapped injectors, runs like a champ now. i went thru 10 yellow injectors to come up with 4 that sprayed nice and did not leak at the plastic to metal interface
sean_v8_914
if the guy who installed teh greens did not futz with the mps, no adj should be needed
is the epoxy over teh adj screw intact?
914_teener
Check with Bruce Stone. He has plenty of yellow injectors I think still.

I suggest you check the MPS for vacum and have the injectors checked cleaned and flow tested by a reputabl vendor like Witchhunter or others listed here. When they rebuild the pintile caps they don't always use the same color. I had mine rebuilt and the caps are black now. Most important thing is that they are injecting fuel with the correct rate and with a good pattern and NOT leaking around the base. If you haven't done this in 15 years........Time that you did.

Check with Bruce.
JawjaPorsche
Good Advice! I have already sent my injectors to Witchhunter and they did a great job on the rebuild. I also replaced the elbow hoses to the injectors. I also got some good FI clamps too!

Terry

QUOTE(914_teener @ Dec 29 2011, 11:26 AM) *

Check with Bruce Stone. He has plenty of yellow injectors I think still.

I suggest you check the MPS for vacum and have the injectors checked cleaned and flow tested by a reputabl vendor like Witchhunter or others listed here. When they rebuild the pintile caps they don't always use the same color. I had mine rebuilt and the caps are black now. Most important thing is that they are injecting fuel with the correct rate and with a good pattern and NOT leaking around the base. If you haven't done this in 15 years........Time that you did.

Check with Bruce.

JeffBowlsby
I'll say you were running rich. 380/265 cc/min...about 35% too rich. Surprised you didnt have other issues like fuel diluted oil, I am sure you will notice a performance and MPG improvement with the correct injectors.

914_teener
.........oh yes..........and not a shameless plug.......invest in one of Mr. Bowlsby's harnesses if you suspect or find or still have injection issues with the stock system since he's tuned in!

Happy New Yea beerchug.gif r All.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.