Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: fuse panel + fuses
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Tom
A recent thread got me to thinking, Yea I know about that danger, and I dug out my old stock fuse panel and put a few fuses in. To my surprise the fuse ends do not seat all the way around. On the load side it seems as if they only seat about 75% in the hole. Confirmed with a flashlight and I can see light between the fuse bullet end and the hole. Anyone else ever notice this. Could this be another reason why 914's seem to have a lot of electrical "gremlins"?
It would be nice if anyone had the test set up to test the voltage drop across the fuse under no load and loaded conditions to see if this in fact a weak area.
I changed out mine to the JWest before I ever drove the car so I don't know if this car had any issues before, but since installation of the JWest, no fuse related problems at all.
Tom
blitZ
Well, there is good reason that style of fuse is no longer used. I updated to the JWest panel and believe it is a big improvement.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.