914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jeroen
Snagged these links from the big bird tail dragger board

http://www.homemadeturbo.com/tech_projects.../itb/index.html
http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=775280&page=1

cheers,

Jeroen
Brad Roberts
We run the individual 52mm TWM's on the 3.2 in the tube car. Roger Sheridan is running the new 54mm individual TWM's on his 3.2 (short stroke 3.6)

B
Andyrew
Would that look (and sound) cool on a sbc or what... hmmmmm

Gota add that to my list of things to work on!
ChrisReale
So, doesnt this create the need for an adjustable linkage similar to carbs if you run theis on a horizontally opposed 4 or 6 cylinder? Maybe I am wrong, but adjusting a linkage can be/is a PITA at times
Howard
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Aug 23 2004, 05:48 PM)
Would that look (and sound) cool on a sbc or what... hmmmmm

Gota add that to my list of things to work on!

Just bolt on Hilborn. A lttle much for the street, but WTF..
Brad Roberts
Chris.. you nailed it.. it is a lot of work to get them sync'd up.. but they dont go out like the old school carb stuff. You are only turning one throttle plate per shaft and NO accelerator pump like a carb.

B
Jeroen
I thought it would be a cool project for some one (Mueller???)
But then, whaddo I know, I'm only good with an angled grinder biggrin.gif

cheers,

Jeroen
Mark Henry
Hmmmmm..... idea.gif

smash.gif sawzall-smiley.gif welder.gif
Eddie914
Brad,

How much of the sound problem with the tube chassis car at Laguna Seca do you think was attributable to induction noise?

The "Fluffy Pillow" solution was ingenious!
Brad Roberts
Each time we went with a quieter muffler the intake noise got louder. These 8400RPM engines have some good valve overlap... plug up the exhaust and the intake gets louder. Since the car is injected.. it doesnt really have any adverse running affect like it would have had it had carbs on it (screwing with the vac signal)

The pillow stuffing actually worked really well as a air cleaner. I know that K+N air cleaners use GAUZE with oil on it to filter air... polyester works fine also.. biggrin.gif

B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.