Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Boston salvage yards
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
michel richard
I will be in the Boston area on Friday to attend the East Coast Ramble, and I will have a little time to visit a pick 'n pull to find parts for an ignition project.

Can anyone recommend a friendly salvage yard in the greater Boston area that I could visit ?

Thanks

Michel Richard
william harris
For a 914? Simple, there are none. However, there are a large number of local 914 owners who have a large cache of 914 parts. Try posting to Don Watson on this thread. Don, Don are you here? type.gif
michel richard
Actually, I'm looking for a regular salvage yard with lots of GM and Ford stuff. I'm trying to implement a new ignition using megasquirt and various parts from Detroit.
elocke
I don't know any myself, but I'd try a google search or use Infobel.com in the immediate suburbs of Sommerville, Medford (Mefa), Malden, Everette, Chelsea, E. Boston, Revere. I'd leave Boston alone...could end up on the other side of the tracks! 35 min. North of Boston there's Jacks in Billerica. I found a 914-6 there a few years ago. Plenty of domestic and foreign cars. I understand there's lots West of the city but I have no experience with them. Up my way there's a few on both sides of the NH line (1 hr N).
Ed
sixerdon
When you get out into the Sturbridge area, grab a phone book and browse through the yellow pages. There will be a host of locations hidden off the side roads. Ed is right. Stay out of the metro Boston area. Their prices will reflect what they have to pay in taxes or rent.
Don
freezing14
If you are looking for a porsche 914 salvage yard, i know of only 1 close to you ( longueil) it is in Oshawa Ontario
the name is harmony porsche on harmony road, i do not have the phone number off hand but if you need it just e-mail me and i will find it
michel richard
I actually will be in the Sturbridge area. TGhe phone book idea sounds ok.

Will most yards let people pick their own ?

Thanks
There's also a Porsche shop in stow Ma which has 2-3 teeners in the back rusting to death, I forget the name of the place but someone here may know who they are...

But stow is 45min/hr n-east of sturbridge so it may be too far...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.